Port Authority Transit Company, or PATCO, is a high-speed rail system owned by the Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA). Currently, the only full route PATCO operates is the Lindenwold Line, which operates between Philadelphia PA, Camden NJ, and Lindenwold, NJ.
Headquarters Location: One Port Center, 2 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ 08101
PATCO Currently only operates one rail line, known as the PATCO Lindenwold Line. This particular service starts off in Center City Philadelphia by Rittenhouse Square, operates over to Franklin Square, then Crosses over into Camden via the Ben Franklin Bridge. From there the line picks up speed and operates to Lindenwold. Below are the following stations with Transfers. All stations indicated with a superscript “P” is in the city of Philadelphia, PA, whereas every station indicated with a superscript “C” is in the city of Camden, NJ. All other stations are named by which city they’re in. Stations with colored names are underground stations, with the color of the tiling used for reference.
- 15th/16th & LocustP with Connections to SEPTA Routes 2 and 12
- 12th/13th & LocustP with connections to SEPTA routes 12, 23, and 45, as well as a walking transfer to the Broad-Street Line
- 9th/10th and LocustP with connections to SEPTA routes 12, 47M, and 61
- 8th & MarketP with connections to SEPTA‘s Broad-Ridge Spur, Market Frankford Line, and bus routes 17, 33, 38, 44, 47, 48, 61, 62, and 78. and NJ Transit routes 400, 404, 406, 414, 417, and 555
- City HallC with Connections to NJ Transit routes 452, 453, and Riverline
- BroadwayC with connections to NJ Transit routes 313, 315, 317, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 412, 413, 418, 419, 450, 451, 452, 453, 457 and 551 and the Riverline
- Ferry AvenueC with connections to NJ Transit routes 451 and 453
- Collingswood, NJ Station with connections to NJ Transit routes 403 and 451
- Westmont, NJ Station with connections to NJ Transit routes 450 and 451
- Haddonfield, NJ Station, with connections to NJ Transit bus routes 451, 455, and 457
- Woodcrest, NJ Station (no connections available)
- Ashland, NJ Station (no connections available)
- Lindenwold, NJ Station with connections to NJ Transit‘s Atlantic City Rail Line, and bus routes 403, 459, and 554
Active Fleet Roster
All of PATCO’s current fleet was rebuilt by Alstom into what is now known as PATCO III cars. They were originally built by Budd and Canadian Vickers in 1968-1970 as PATCO I and PATCO II cars. Most of which were single-ended cars. All cars sport modern interiors with interior TV screens, modern automatic announcements, and modern seats. All exterior signs were replaced with modern LED display signs.
|1968-1970 Budd MU PATCO III|
(Rebuilt by Alstom in 2017)
Work Fleet Roster
This list may not be complete.
|Model||Fleet Numbers||Used For|
|1936 Brill MU||402-403||402-Station Trash Removal403-Maintenance of Way Service|
|1937 Baldwin 61 Ton Locomotive||404-405||404 used for parts on 405|
|Flat Cars||441, 443||443 Modified to be used for station cleaning service|
|Refer||444||Used for Storage|