Delaware Area Regional Transit, or DART First State, is the primary provider of bus service within the state of Delaware. Operating under the Delaware Transit Corporation and DelDOT, DART First State also provides funding for SEPTA‘s Wilmington/Newark Line which operates into Delaware as well.
DART First State has a few main hubs where most of the services connect. All buses operate from either the Wilmington Garage, which primarily has New Castle County Routes, and the Dover Garage, which is the main garage for the Dover area, and Rehobeth Beach.
New Castle County
Bus service operating in New Castle Comes out of the Wilmington Garage, located at 119 Lower Beach Street, Wilmington, Delaware, 19805. The New Castle county routes primarily serve Wilmington, Newark, and Christiana.
Here are some major transfer points within the system
- Christiana Mall for routes 5, 15, 33, 34, 37, 40, 44, 45, 51, 54, 55, and express route 301
- Newark Transit Hub for DART First State routes 6, 33, 46, 53, and Express route 302, and Cecil Transit route 4
- Wilmington Transit Center for DART First State routes 2, 5, 6, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 28, 31, 33, 35, 37, 40, 42, 47, 52, and 301 and SEPTA’s Wilmington/Newark Line
Dover and Rehoboth Beach
Bus service operating through Dover and Rehoboth Beach operates out of the Dover Garage, located at 900 Public Safety Blvd, Dover, DE 19901. These routes primarily serve the southern portion of Delaware and provide access to the Delaware beaches.. Here are some major transfer points within the area.
- Dover Transit Center for routes 101, 102, 104, 105, 107, 108, 109, 112, and express routes 301, 302, 303, and 307
- Lewes Transit Center for routes 201, 204, 206, 207, and 208 and express routes 305 and 307, and Cape May-Lewes Ferry Shuttle
Bus Fleet Roster
DART First State’s bus roster primarily consists of Gillig Low Floor buses varying between 29 and 40 feet, as well as MCI forty-five foot coaches, and Proterra Electric buses. As of 2021, DART First State is also utilizing Gillig Low Floor electric buses.
Last Update: June 3rd, 2022