Virtual Transportation Center

  • Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.
 

New Flyer Powertrain Mod

Started by Dash5155, December 15, 2016, 01:08:44 am

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

htownman25

Quote from: Dash5155 on June 04, 2019, 04:04:16 pmThis mod might just be dead...

Why so?  The only issues with the mod were the ones you had already mentioned.

@MillerRichard1 I'm guessing besides the bugs that were already addressed, maybe it's because many people just didn't like the SEPTA-spec'd D40LFs - among issues with the other buses in the mod.


The Lycanroc Gamer

Quote from: htownman25 on June 11, 2019, 08:44:42 amWhy so?  The only issues with the mod were the ones you had already mentioned.

@MillerRichard1 I'm guessing besides the bugs that were already addressed, maybe it's because many people just didn't like the SEPTA-spec'd D40LFs - among issues with the other buses in the mod.
The SEPTA spec'd ones are ok. It's just the luminators that bug me!

That and the fact there's no more powertrains being created


reappearings

Just make it so then theres 2 variations of the same powertrain in the mod - a SEPTA body variation, and a regular variation.

Dash5155

Quote from: Cummins ISL on June 11, 2019, 09:10:07 pmJust make it so then theres 2 variations of the same powertrain in the mod - a SEPTA body variation, and a regular variation.
No.

Go-Go-Packers

So will this mod ever get updated or are we all out of luck ...


Thatguy1

Quote from: Dash5155 on June 03, 2019, 09:28:43 pmWill be offline until a patch comes out which will remove the SEPTA spec models due to numerous complaints

FYI, since this is a SEPTA mod, it's basically offline indefinitely

Creeper740


reappearings

Quote from: Creeper740 on June 14, 2019, 05:26:24 pmHow do i download it?
It says (Offline) in the title, jeez you're illiterate.

Nicholas Gaming Videos

I see that you took down the mod because of complaints?  I can probably fix the problem.  What did they not like?

The Lycanroc Gamer

Quote from: gamingtroll92 on June 15, 2019, 01:00:10 pmI see that you took down the mod because of complaints?  I can probably fix the problem.  What did they not like?
the SEPTA models.

Me: it's just the signbox that i hate, for it is dark at 4 am in Cayuga.

Dash5155

There was complaints about the entire mod (which was meant to be SEPTA spec sounds and models) being SEPTA spec. If I remove the SEPTA specs from the mod, only the C40LF would remain. If I keep the mod with the a general model, and not use SEPTA spec bodies, there ends up being complains about the mod's sounds not matching some other agency, which again is the point of the mod.

There was also multiple complaints about the scrolling signs feature... several years after I introduced it, yet when I introduced it I opened up the doors to complaints from the community. However back then no one said anything and now the complaints are constant but the signs are deeply embedded into the mod.

There's also complaints that there's not enough specs, even though this single mod includes 11 D40LF variants, 2 DE40LF variants, 4 C40LF variants, and 4 D60LF variants. After installation, the mod expands to 3-4 GB so it's already pretty big.

Long story short this mod is dead, more complaints about the mod itself than anything. That's why it's offline. It won't come back the way it was originally if it even comes back.

Nicholas Gaming Videos

Quote from: Dash5155 on June 15, 2019, 11:49:35 pmThere was complaints about the entire mod (which was meant to be SEPTA spec sounds and models) being SEPTA spec. If I remove the SEPTA specs from the mod, only the C40LF would remain. If I keep the mod with the a general model, and not use SEPTA spec bodies, there ends up being complains about the mod's sounds not matching some other agency, which again is the point of the mod.

There was also multiple complaints about the scrolling signs feature... several years after I introduced it, yet when I introduced it I opened up the doors to complaints from the community. However back then no one said anything and now the complaints are constant but the signs are deeply embedded into the mod.

There's also complaints that there's not enough specs, even though this single mod includes 11 D40LF variants, 2 DE40LF variants, 4 C40LF variants, and 4 D60LF variants. After installation, the mod expands to 3-4 GB so it's already pretty big.

Long story short this mod is dead, more complaints about the mod itself than anything. That's why it's offline. It won't come back the way it was originally if it even comes back.
when I got the mod I brightened the matrix using my editing skills.   I'll give you a download link if you need it.   I edited many of the sounds.   Some of them come for recordings that I made on my phone.  Another thing, I'm making changes to the DE41LFR mod  which was discontinued back in 2016.   When I finish with that mod  i'll give you the download link if you want to test it via gmail.

Dash5155

Quote from: gamingtroll92 on June 16, 2019, 01:26:11 pmwhen I got the mod I brightened the matrix using my editing skills.   I'll give you a download link if you need it.   I edited many of the sounds.   Some of them come for recordings that I made on my phone.  Another thing, I'm making changes to the DE41LFR mod  which was discontinued back in 2016.   When I finish with that mod  i'll give you the download link if you want to test it via gmail.
The lighting thing was a known issue. It wasn't intended to be part of the mod but rather a side effect, and again. The point of the mod was to make it SEPTA spec as it was originally a tie-in to the Grundelphia map.

With that being said, I am locking this thread due to the fact that this mod is no more for now. It will reopen if/when a new version comes out

Dash5155

The mod is back online!

Mod download information:[/b]
---WARNING: The Chicago Addon IS Required for this Release---


~Enjoy

Quote from: Dash5155For those having issues with your destination/route signs, it's because your .hof files were not made to be compatible with the "scrolling" signs on the Chicago bus.If by the popular opinion is that this feature is bad, I will gladly take it out but keep in mind future map updates for Grundelphia, Liberty, and eventually Cayuga will be using the new format.]
Quote from: Dash5155This mod is NOT compatible with Morphi's New Flyer scripts v1.5, so if you have that mod installed, it's recommended that you don't install this on top of it and vice versa.

htownman25

Blah - I mean - nice.  Now hopefully these kids will be happy about having something like this.

Dash5155

Quote from: htownman25 on September 25, 2019, 11:45:43 pmBlah - I mean - nice.  Now hopefully these kids will be happy about having something like this.
It's the same as the before version, nothing was changed at all.

htownman25

Quote from: Dash5155 on September 26, 2019, 01:01:19 pmIt's the same as the before version, nothing was changed at all.

Yes, I know about that version.  :P

htownman25

P.S.  Anybody who complains about what you see here WILL have their comments deleted.  Also, DO NOT download it if you don't like it.  Nobody is paying you to do so.

That is all.  Happy gaming!

trimet9401fan

@Dash5155 does this mod include the Luminator Horizon front and rear sign font? I seen it used on a YT video of someone demoing New John City 0.8 map... thanks so much!!

Dash5155

Quote from: trimet9401fan on October 20, 2019, 07:03:37 pm@Dash5155 does this mod include the Luminator Horizon front and rear sign font? I seen it used on a YT video of someone demoing New John City 0.8 map... thanks so much!!
The font is the same as the default Chicago Citybus font.

nope00

For some odd reason the Allison Gen IV gear selector is having a seizure ingame. Would a morphi script/texture cause this? Im NOT SURE if i have this in there but its a possibility.

Dash5155

Quote from: nope00 on February 13, 2020, 10:54:42 pmFor some odd reason the Allison Gen IV gear selector is having a seizure ingame. Would a morphi script/texture cause this? Im NOT SURE if i have this in there but its a possibility.
No, the fronts for the display is jacked up. The 6 displays funky which causes this issue. It will be changed in a future version.

rasonnier

Cant get a better mod than this. Only thing I ask is to get the destination sign lighting figured out lol.


Powered by EzPortal
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk