Virtual Transportation Center

Advertisement

CCTA Routes 34 and 35

Started by Dash5155, April 07, 2019, 04:36:33 pm

Dash5155

Origins

CCTA bus route 34 introduced back in June 2016 as the second CCTA Local route, which originally ran from Greenville Transit Hub to Front-Market by way of the central tram way (which went from 18th and City Ave to Market Street underground) Mondays through Saturdays only. On October 5th 2016, the 34 was had a rush-hour only branch added which served Springfield Mall. However, due to a high demand in service, this rush hour only extension was turned into a full service route on December 3rd 2016, known as the route 35, operating daily Mondays through Sundays (unlike the previous 34 which did not operate Sundays)

Direct Bus Era

Around when CCTA was introducing newer routes to meet demand, a new bus brand, known as "Direct Bus Service" and with it came the "Central Direct" route 301 These routes brought riders from City Line to Front-Market in a 3rd of the time it took the 34/35 which drove ridership onto the 301 and off of the 34/35. On April 28th, 2017, the 34 suffered its first cut in the history of the route, as it was cut back to City Hall, 15th-Market on this day. The 35 was also cut back to City Hall.

City Line Service Enhancements

In July 2017, former trolley route 3 became bus operations full time. Because of this, the bus operations along City Line was looked into, including service along routes 34 and 35. It became clear to both city planners and riders of the routes that they could also not follow their former trolley routes any longer as ridership patterns have since changed with the times. Studies were performed to see where the ridership of routes 34 and 35 ended and where ridership of the Central Direct Began. It was unanimously agreed that 18th Street and City Avenue was where the last of the Darrah Peak riders would exit and where the first of the "Central Busway" riders would pick up.

Final Draft

Once it was determined that routes 34 and 35 no longer needed to go beyond 18th and City, it was now a matter of "Where to send them to retain ridership without having them go too far out of the way. It was a toss up between Arrott Transportation Center and Front Street and City Avenue. By November 4th, 2018 it was settled that all 34/35 buses would terminate at Arrott Transportation Center, alongside route 75, where they still go to this day.

Go-Go-Packers

Hey how did you make the destination board white for the New flyer Xcelsior in the first photo?

openbve092

Kind of wanting to know the same thing, it looks really nice now that I think about it! Is there anyway to do it?

Dash5155

Quote from: Go-Go-Packers on April 13, 2019, 08:55:30 amHey how did you make the destination board white for the New flyer Xcelsior in the first photo?

Quote from: openbve092 on April 14, 2019, 11:44:30 amKind of wanting to know the same thing, it looks really nice now that I think about it! Is there anyway to do it?
Seriously? I make a post detailing the plight of MY development and all you can do is worry about the color of a destination sign, which has really nothing to do with the post?

Well if it wasn't blatantly obvious by how the front looked, or the interior was set up, or the fact that it was a super old livery, that's a much older version of the Xcelsior. I didn't do that myself, that's just how it was.

openbve092

I'm terribly sorry Dash, I got TOO carried away by the destination sign even when it wasn't the main point of focus. I should have focused more primarily on the details of the routes but got too blindsided by the sign's color (that was all it was to be honest). Honest mistake and won't happen again Dash. 

The Lycanroc Gamer

Advertisement