• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

Door Mod

Started by trimet9401fan, January 31, 2019, 03:32:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trimet9401fan

Hey Dash and the community --

For the Door Mod that corresponds with SEPTA or D40LF_H2.bus, is the door paint static?

For example, I have a bus paint like the Chicago CTA where the windows have black borders that extends to the front door but the door mod's front door is all-white around, not honoring the paint scheme like the rest of the bus body. Do I need to create another FL/FR_Door.png file with my own paint on it to make it look like it integrates with the rest of the bus paint?

The plain white front door like fine on the SEPTA repaints since pretty much majority of SEPTA's paint is above the windows line.

Thanks so much for your help!

Dash5155

Quote from: trimet9401fan on January 31, 2019, 03:32:41 pmHey Dash and the community --

For the Door Mod that corresponds with SEPTA or D40LF_H2.bus, is the door paint static?

For example, I have a bus paint like the Chicago CTA where the windows have black borders that extends to the front door but the door mod's front door is all-white around, not honoring the paint scheme like the rest of the bus body. Do I need to create another FL/FR_Door.png file with my own paint on it to make it look like it integrates with the rest of the bus paint?

The plain white front door like fine on the SEPTA repaints since pretty much majority of SEPTA's paint is above the windows line.

Thanks so much for your help!
The doors have their own paints, so yeah you have to create new door png files to make it look like it integrates with the rest of the paint.

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 31, 2019, 07:21:09 pmThe doors have their own paints, so yeah you have to create new door png files to make it look like it integrates with the rest of the paint.

Got it. Thanks!

Also would I need to create another instance of the same .bus file and rename it as well as point it to another instance of the model.cfg file (which it is also renamed that has the door mod with custom paint job)?

Thanks Dash!!

Dash5155

Quote from: trimet9401fan on January 31, 2019, 07:26:29 pmGot it. Thanks!

Also would I need to create another instance of the same .bus file and rename it as well as point it to another instance of the model.cfg file (which it is also renamed that has the door mod with custom paint job)?

Thanks Dash!!
nononono you do it as a repaint. There should be references to the naming in the CCTA repaint folder.

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 31, 2019, 08:02:10 pmnononono you do it as a repaint. There should be references to the naming in the CCTA repaint folder.

Hope I am not confusing you.

TriMet has two different paints as of right now. Their old stripes one is the one that looks like CTA with border windows and front door (hald black). Their current blue and yellow paint is the current one.

I want to have one front door that goes to the old three-stripes paint and I want the one to use wit  the current paint, mainly to put them in the AI. Do you understand?

2200-2500 would be old paint with half black front doors.
2600-2900 with the default white door.

I will poke at the CCTA paints as you suggested.

Thanks so much for your help, Dash!!

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 31, 2019, 08:02:10 pmnononono you do it as a repaint. There should be references to the naming in the CCTA repaint folder.

No CCTA CTI file references the FL/FR_Door.png file...

And even as I created D40<busfile>_2.bus which links to a copied and renamed model\model_d40<busfile>_2.cfg, which then links to a custom FL/FR_Door_2.png, the doors on the bus are not seemingly reading the FL/FR_Door_2.bus file as the color of the doors are still white...

Hmmm.....what did I do wrong??

Again, thanks so much for your help, @Dash5155

Dash5155

Quote from: trimet9401fan on February 01, 2019, 01:31:52 amNo CCTA CTI file references the FL/FR_Door.png file...

And even as I created D40<busfile>_2.bus which links to a copied and renamed model\model_d40<busfile>_2.cfg, which then links to a custom FL/FR_Door_2.png, the doors on the bus are not seemingly reading the FL/FR_Door_2.bus file as the color of the doors are still white...

Hmmm.....what did I do wrong??

Again, thanks so much for your help, @Dash5155
if doing it with a CTI file doesn't work, it's not doable. There is references in the included powertrain mod CCTA paints but if there is not, then don't try other methods to do so. That is the only supported way to do so.

[item]
Cayuga USA - GREAT
DM_FL_Door
Cayuga USA\FL_Door.png

[item]
Cayuga USA - GREAT
DM_FR_Door
Cayuga USA\FR_Door.png

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on February 03, 2019, 07:25:48 amif doing it with a CTI file doesn't work, it's not doable. There is references in the included powertrain mod CCTA paints but if there is not, then don't try other methods to do so. That is the only supported way to do so.

[item]
Cayuga USA - GREAT
DM_FL_Door
Cayuga USA\FL_Door.png

[item]
Cayuga USA - GREAT
DM_FR_Door
Cayuga USA\FR_Door.png

Hey Dash, works now!!

Thanks Dash!

trimet9401fan

Hey @Dash5155 sorry to bother you...it seems that this door mod for some reason with the repaint implentation works like 25% of time...because it shows up fine in the Bodewham 200-2014 map whereas in other maps the door just defaults to the DBC door...what is wrong? Log file probably doesn't say anything. I can attach my CTI file if you want to look at it...

Dash5155

Quote from: trimet9401fan on February 12, 2019, 05:51:49 pmHey @Dash5155 sorry to bother you...it seems that this door mod for some reason with the repaint implentation works like 25% of time...because it shows up fine in the Bodewham 200-2014 map whereas in other maps the door just defaults to the DBC door...what is wrong? Log file probably doesn't say anything. I can attach my CTI file if you want to look at it...
It shouldn't be happening on a map by map basis. That's weird.

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on February 13, 2019, 04:56:37 amIt shouldn't be happening on a map by map basis. That's weird.

What's weird is that the door mods are definitely used when the code is hard coded into the bus model's config file in the model folder. The logfile even shows for the bus the door mod is being referenced when the code is hard coded into the bus model config file. However, when referencing the door mod via repaint, the logfile shows no indication of any attempt to reference the door. I only found this out because the door mod would show up on the error for some textures that can't be accessed in the .o3d door files because it doesn't exist...

Weird...

trimet9401fan

Hey @Dash5155 I am so sorry for being such a dummy I didn't even realize my mistake. Fixed now and works great!!

Can you lease lock this thread?

trimet9401fan

trimet9401fan

Quote from: trimet9401fan on February 14, 2019, 12:44:13 amHey @Dash5155 I am so sorry for being such a dummy I didn't even realize my mistake. Fixed now and works great!!

However, how do I get the rear door of the D40LF to look like that of the DE60LF? I poked around at the two models cfg file and can't figure out what to do in the DOORS section. Thanks for your help.

trimet9401fan

In other words still require one mor ehelp from you Dash before we close this thread.

Advertisement