• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

OMSI 2 Bus with Skeleton Textures

Started by trimet9401fan, January 05, 2019, 03:35:35 am

trimet9401fan

Hello fellow OMSI community fans,

I have a major issue with a new bus I acquired. It is the Volvo 7900 and I want to use it in Cayuga 0.7 on the express lines. However, the buses load with no external body or lights. You can see perfectly the interior of the bus and also the destination display, but that isn't what I wanted. Please see attached logfile.[attach name=logfile.txt type=text/plain]1738[/attach][attach name=logfile.txt type=text/plain]1738[/attach]

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dash5155

Go into your settings and click the "addons" tab. Check to make sure it's activated. If not, into Steam, de-select the DLC from your library, then re-select it. This essentially will reinstall it, which should activate it. If not, repeat, and repeat until it does.

OMSI doesn't necessarily need to be reinstalled to fix this, just the DLC itself.

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 05, 2019, 01:17:27 pmGo into your settings and click the "addons" tab. Check to make sure it's activated. If not, into Steam, de-select the DLC from your library, then re-select it. This essentially will reinstall it, which should activate it. If not, repeat, and repeat until it does.

OMSI doesn't necessarily need to be reinstalled to fix this, just the DLC itself.

Alright, thanks for the help, Dash!

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 05, 2019, 01:17:27 pmGo into your settings and click the "addons" tab. Check to make sure it's activated. If not, into Steam, de-select the DLC from your library, then re-select it. This essentially will reinstall it, which should activate it. If not, repeat, and repeat until it does.

Tried that. The map seems to work somewhat okay.

I have a friend who also bought the DLC and for testing purposes ONLY, I copied over his DLC map to see if the bus would work (I will definitely remove it after more testing as I have my own copy of the DLC). Even running his copy of the map with the buses and copying over sceneobjects and splines, then loading the game, the bus is still just skeleton. The logfile doesn't change that much from what I already uploaded.
Do you think I need to change my option preset settings, Dash?
I am at a point of frustration right now... why can't the config file read the model folder's .o3d where it says so and so .bmp or .png does not exist in this .o3d file?

Your help is much appreciated, Dash! Thanks!

Dash5155

Quote from: trimet9401fan on January 05, 2019, 05:37:31 pm

I have a friend who also bought the DLC and for testing purposes ONLY, I copied over his DLC map to see if the bus would work (I will definitely remove it after more testing as I have my own copy of the DLC). Even running his copy of the map with the buses and copying over sceneobjects and splines, then loading the game, the bus is still just skeleton. The logfile doesn't change that much from what I already uploaded.
I am at a point of frustration right now... why can't the config file read the model folder's .o3d where it says so and so .bmp or .png does not exist in this .o3d file?

You cannot log out of the account which purchased the DLC. If you do, you must log back into that account, uninstall said DLC, and reinstall.

The DLC will not activate unless you install the content from the account which purchased it. There is no legal loopholes to fix this, as it's basically the content creators way of preventing piracy.

trimet9401fan

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 06, 2019, 08:58:16 am

Okay, I understood. Did what you said earlier repeatedly until it decided to cooperate. Thanks for your major help, Dash!

You cannot log out of the account which purchased the DLC. If you do, you must log back into that account, uninstall said DLC, and reinstall.

The DLC will not activate unless you install the content from the account which purchased it. There is no legal loopholes to fix this, as it's basically the content creators way of preventing piracy.

trimet9401fan

Quote from: trimet9401fan on January 06, 2019, 10:49:16 pm
Quote from: Dash5155 on January 06, 2019, 08:58:16 am

Okay, I understood. Did what you said earlier repeatedly until it decided to cooperate. Thanks for your major help, Dash!

Advertisement