• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

Recent Posts!

2018 OMSi Winter Challenge - November 23rd

Started by vincekaufman, October 01, 2018, 04:37:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vincekaufman

October 01, 2018, 04:37:16 am Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:49:13 am by vincekaufman

Driving in the snow can be a major challenge for operators, and in OMSI, that challenge always poses a threat to all obstacles. Do you have what it takes to take on the challenge of driving in the snow?

This challenge will be similar to the Roadeo hosted by Dash, however there will be some different rules:

• There will be 2 categories: Standard (40ft) and Articulated (60ft). These are the competitive categories, but if you wish to enter in a smaller bus just for fun, you are allowed to, but that performance will not go toward the main prizes. Contestants are not restricted to one competition and can enter into both 40ft and 60ft competitions.
  • You must perform Grundorf Route 76 from Bauernhof to Krankenhaus. This is from the loop going downhill to the other end of the route. If you start at Krankenhaus you will be disqualified automatically.
  • Bonus points will be handed out for those who can safely operate their vehicles through the snow in under 6 minutes (this is the par for the course).
  • The Ikarus 415 is prone to stalling in the snow. You will be awarded bonus points if you choose to use this bus.
  • Your roads must be covered in snow, regardless if it is snowing ingame or not. You are allowed to run dry roads but points will be deducted.

The winner(s) will receive steam gift card keys ($20 each), with a 3rd card key that will be given away in chat to the viewers.

Submit your entries by no later than November 19th. I'm putting this out here now so that everyone has plenty of time to submit entries (and so that I can edit video packages).

Good luck!

The Lycanroc Gamer

I have a question: does it have to be one entry or can it be multiple entries?

vincekaufman

1 entry per category (1 for 40ft, 1 for 60ft)

SgtStone501st

So i post the link to my videos for the challenge here?

Mta_Donny

Quick question. Will I need to pick up passengers along the way?

vincekaufman

Quote from: Mta_Donny on October 05, 2018, 08:31:05 amQuick question. Will I need to pick up passengers along the way?

Yep. Treat this as a regular route.

jjboy

My attempt lol, all well goes well
Hope I did good in opinions :)

newflyerd60hf

Transit_Gamer

I do have a question regarding one bus I wanted to try but idk if it's allowed since it's slightly longer than 40ft but it's the MCI D4500CT I was wondering if that's also allowed as a 40 ft qualification in the challenge. Thank you.
Hello everyone I'm your friendly driver 😁

vincekaufman

Quote from: Transit_Gamer on October 12, 2018, 12:28:49 amI do have a question regarding one bus I wanted to try but idk if it's allowed since it's slightly longer than 40ft but it's the MCI D4500CT I was wondering if that's also allowed as a 40 ft qualification in the challenge. Thank you.

I'll allow it.

Mta_Donny

33 Guests, 1 User

Advertisement

TinyPortal © 2005-2018