• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

Recent Posts!

announcements for cayuga

Started by openbve092, September 20, 2018, 11:15:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

openbve092

Hi everyone, I thought I might have better luck here for a response. I just installed Cayuga and so far its a terrific map! I do have some questions though about the announcements. I saw on youtube that some people had announcements working. So far I've used the XD40 and NABI buses but no announcements on them. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone explain how the announcement system works? thanks!

Dash5155

watch like the first few seconds of this, it explains how to use the IBIS system.

openbve092

Sorry but the IBIS system doesn't work for me since I don't have a numpad on the laptop. Are there any alternatives I can use (so far I use the on-screen one to set routes). I've been looking through files on the announcements but I can't trigger it on the XD series, only the chicago buses. I saw your other video of an XD35 (I think) doing 147, which had working announcements. I'm just lost right now, I'll keep trying to look through the files, but any help would really be appreciated!

Dash5155

Quote from: openbve092 on September 20, 2018, 04:43:42 pmSorry but the IBIS system doesn't work for me since I don't have a numpad on the laptop. Are there any alternatives I can use (so far I use the on-screen one to set routes). I've been looking through files on the announcements but I can't trigger it on the XD series, only the chicago buses. I saw your other video of an XD35 (I think) doing 147, which had working announcements. I'm just lost right now, I'll keep trying to look through the files, but any help would really be appreciated!

On the XD35, there should be a control panel on the dashboard somewhere visible with like the same numbers and stuff. Just use that to type into the "IBIS" system. However on most American buses, such a device does not exist, so the keyboard commands are usually the best way to learn.

openbve092

Actually! I managed to rebind the keyboard to use the IBIS system. It successfully works and I can input routes there too. The announcements play, but I have to use it manually (pressing Q). The NABI and chicago bus has fully working auto announcements though. So I think it's probably a script. Can I ask for your modified script for the announcements? Or is that off limits?

It shows on the description you have some modified scripts? Thank you for the quick response, I desperately love the way the announcements sound :D

Dash5155

So far, the only bus that received the scripts publicly is the NABI and the "New Flyer Powertrain Mod" I cannot promise that others would get them, even in the form of a mod, since it would be hard to release compatible versions.

openbve092

Oh I see! That means I'll have to play around with the scripts from the NABI since that video you posted just has the best announcements I've seen on a North american map. Thank you for your help dash.

33 Guests, 1 User

Advertisement

TinyPortal © 2005-2018