• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

Recent Posts!

New Era City USA

Started by Mikey, May 17, 2017, 11:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What borough do you want to have more routes for this update?

Manhattan
1 (10%)
Staten Island
6 (60%)
Queens/Brooklyn (Q10 Extension)
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 13, 2017, 08:34:43 am

Mikey

May 17, 2017, 11:53:29 am Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:28:00 am by Mikey
Welcome to New Era City! This city, as you might figure out, is based off of New York City. This system is meant to be a combination of New York MTA, SEPTA, Bee Line, and NJ Transit. This map was originally a test map to get me back into OMSI 2, so if the map’s popularity is a lot, I will continue to develop for it. There are 6 boroughs in this map, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, The Bronx, Brooklyn, and Newark (NJ).

This post was updated on October 10th, 2017 to reflect new service changes.

Routes:

MANHATTAN:

M6 - Local - Zone Park/South Ferry to East Side-42nd Street via West End Avenue and 42nd Street.
[/size]M8 - Local - Zone Park/South Ferry to Cooper Union via West End Avenue and 8th Street.
[/size]M9 - Local - Zone Park/South Ferry to West Side-42nd Street via 11th Avenue and 42nd Street.
[/size]M16 - Local - Waterside Drive to PA Bus Terminal via 34th Street and 1st/2nd/8th and 9th Avenues.
[/size]M23 - Local - Zone Park/South Ferry to Waterside Drive via 11th Avenue and 23rd Street.
[/size]M23 - SBS (BRT) - Zone Park/South Ferry to Waterside Drive via 11th Avenue and 23rd Street.
[/size]M34 - Local - West Side-FDR Drive to Javits Center-11th Avenue via 34th Street.
[/size]M55 - Limited - Zone Park/South Ferry to PA Bus Terminal via 11th Avenue, 42nd Street, and 8th/9th Avenues.

[/size]QUEENS:
[/size]Q10 - Local: Sabri RR Station (Jackson Island-Brooklyn) to Zone Park, Lower Manhattan.
[/size]Q10: Limited: [/size]Sabri RR Station, Brooklyn to Zone Park, Lower Manhattan. (Launches next update, replaces Q91 summer express.)
[/size]Q91: Summer Express+: Sabri RR Station, Brookyn to Six Flags, Staten Island via Lower Manhattan. Summer service only.

[/size]Bronx:
[/size]Bx7: Local: Coop City To Ortiz Station via Kingsbridge. (All times.)
[/size]Bx7D: Local: Pelham Bay to Ortiz Station via 2nd Avenue/Kingsbridge. [/size](All times except late nights.)
[/size]Bx9: Select Bus Service: (Temporarily suspended due to construction in the Bronx.)

[/size]Brooklyn:
[/size]B32: Local: Williamsburg Bridge Plaza to Long Island City-Court Square. [/size](All times except late nights.)

[/size]Staten Island:
[/size]S43: Local: St. George to Staten Island Mall. [/size](Between 5 AM & 2 AM.)
[/size]S52: Local: St. George (Ballpark Stadium Weekends) to Alstom City via Alstom Blvd. [/size](Between 5 AM & 2 AM.)
[/size]S79: Limited: Zone Park to Staten Island Mall. [/size](Between 5 AM & 2 AM.)

[/size]Newark-Manhattan:
[/size]112: Newark Penn Station to PA Bus Terminal. [/size](All times except late nights.)
[/size]X22: Newark Penn Station to Kaih Beach via Williams & Smith Bridge. (Summer Only).

CTA_FlxibleFan

You might want to separate the photos if they're any for that matter because I can't see them.

Mikey

I can't seem to edit my post so I guess the site is glitching.

CTA_FlxibleFan

Try uploading them 2 by 2.

dedog

can you also make the q30 route

80jersq

is there a download link

Miller

Quote from: 80jersq on May 24, 2017, 02:44:36 pm
is there a download link

The map is not available yet. The creator will post here the progress.
i5 4670k + GTX 1070 Founders Edition + 12GB DDR3 RAM + 550W Corsair PSU

Mikey

I'm waiting to show progress because I want to get the skeleton of the map in first. By that I mean I want to do the bulk major routes first that link the boroughs together (i.e Q10), then work on the other routes in the other boroughs.

What's done so far (THERE IS NO LIMITED/SBS SERVICE ON ANY OF THESE LINES AT THE MOMENT.)

M15
M23 (halfway done)
Q10
S79

Other routes to work on after:
S53, S66, S69, S71, S83, S94 SBS
M1, M5, M15A, M23 SBS, M31, M50, M79, M103
Q10A, Q15, Q44, Q53 SBS, Q70, Q77
Bx7, Bx7D, Bx9 SBS, Bx11, Bx34, Bx67, Bx94
B2, B7, B15, B36 SBS, B44, B55, B69, B102
NJ Transit: 154, 183, 210
Express Buses: BxM3, QM2, X1A, X2A, BxMQ1, BM21, X10A.

Mikey

What's up long time no see!

Ok, some final things to be done before the first ever offical beta release of New Era City for OMSI as I have to get back to BVE developing, but I still will be updating it, don't worry ;) .
There is currently a closed beta of the map right now, so if you would like to test it *and put videos/pictures*, please let me know in the comments. There will be one final closed beta release, consisting of the new M23 Local and SBS service, an extension of the S79, and upgrades to Q91, as well as a few scenery things. The boroughs included in this update are Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Manhattan (not all finished.) There's also a bonus L shuttle that can be done, and I will tell you, the crowds on that route are crazy.
If you guys would like to see a preview of the map, please watch Donny's video on the M23, one of the hardest routes in NET.

(Credit to Miller for the original XD60 Repaint)

As well as an update to the AI list:
Route M9 (NOT INCLUDING PUT IN'S) uses 2001 RTS's since it's a 15 minute route.
Route M23 Local uses D60's while M23 Select+ uses XD60's.
Route Q10 uses D60's.
Route Q91 uses XD60's.
L Shuttle uses whatever bus it can find based on the already loaded buses.
Route S79 uses D60's with the occasional XD60's popping up on there.

If anybody would like to help me create repaints for the rest of the fleet, like Orion V's or Nova LFSA or anything like that, please let me know.

Thanks,
-M

dedog

in the future some time will there be an q30 route ?

Miller

Quote from: Mikey on July 18, 2017, 01:06:49 am

Ok, some final things to be done before the first ever offical beta release of New Era City for OMSI as I have to get back to BVE developing, but I still will be updating it, don't worry ;) .
There is currently a closed beta of the map right now, so if you would like to test it *and put videos/pictures*, please let me know in the comments. There will be one final closed beta release, consisting of the new M23 Local and SBS service, an extension of the S79, and upgrades to Q91, as well as a few scenery things. The boroughs included in this update are Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Manhattan (not all finished.) There's also a bonus L shuttle that can be done, and I will tell you, the crowds on that route are crazy.
If you guys would like to see a preview of the map, please watch Donny's video on the M23, one of the hardest routes in NET.

Route Q10 uses D60's.
Route Q91 uses XD60's.

If anybody would like to help me create repaints for the rest of the fleet, like Orion V's or Nova LFSA or anything like that, please let me know.

Thanks,
-M

Sure, I don't mind doing a little bit of testing
i5 4670k + GTX 1070 Founders Edition + 12GB DDR3 RAM + 550W Corsair PSU

LunaGuy

Route Q10 uses D60's.
Route Q91 uses XD60's.

Thanks,
-M

I'd love to do some testing!

Mikey

I just sent the map updates to your PM's. Now the last closed beta update will finally enable the M23 Select+ as well as the M23 Local, an extension of the S79 down to the mall, and a fully drivable Q91 express (even though it terminates in Brooklyn, the terminus in Brooklyn is temporary until I stop being lazy and do the Q91 extension to Playland as was originally intended along with Q10, so no need to be alarmed that they aren't labeled as B91 and B10 lol.) After the final closed beta release, if everything goes smoothly testing wise I will release the first update to everyone.

-M

Jacob

Route Q10 uses D60's.
Route Q91 uses XD60's.

Thanks,
-M

I definitely don't mind testing! I am excited to see what this will become!

-Jacob
Derp derpity derp...

Mikey

Did everybody get the beta?

33 Guests, 1 User

Advertisement

TinyPortal © 2005-2018