• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

Cayuga USA v0.7.6 Released!

Started by Dash5155, December 14, 2016, 07:07:12 pm

Dash5155

Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 07, 2019, 07:27:03 amI have a few ideas for the new version of Cayuga USA:

1) Add in a CCTA version of SEPTA route 8 (FOX Xpress) from Arrot to Fern Rock

You mean a stub route that does what the 47 and 16 already do? That's an oversaturation of service don'cha think? Besides routes 34, 35, and 75 connects with route 47 which for the most part is a combination of routes 12 and 16 so it would make no sense to have more service headed that way
Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 07, 2019, 07:27:03 am2) bump up the frequency of routes 12 and 16

From an operations standpoint: Why? The 47 does what the 16 does, and the 54 as well. Both are frequent routes. Again same as above: There's no point in oversaturating service in this corridor as it's already been done. Also the 12 is plenty frequent, so there's no need for that either.

Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 07, 2019, 07:27:03 am3) add Artics on 49 (and maybe 48?)

49 is a definite no because lag.
48 wouldn't make sense because it's not the heaviest route
Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 07, 2019, 07:27:03 am4) increase passenger count on 48

Yeah no people don't like their computers self destructing from OMSI lag
Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 07, 2019, 07:27:03 am5) Reroute 68 Express to follow 68 Local.

That should be it.
But... why?

LHB7221

Merge the 19 with the 2 for certain midday runs.

And maybe create Rt 91. Been seeing arrows for it.

MillerRichard1

This thought just crossed my mind, Dash are these new routes going to be having exterior announcements? If so, are they going to be male or female voices? I personally prefer the male voices over the female one

The Lycanroc Gamer

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 07, 2019, 03:44:46 pmYou mean a stub route that does what the 47 and 16 already do? That's an oversaturation of service don'cha think? Besides routes 34, 35, and 75 connects with route 47 which for the most part is a combination of routes 12 and 16 so it would make no sense to have more service headed that way
From an operations standpoint: Why? The 47 does what the 16 does, and the 54 as well. Both are frequent routes. Again same as above: There's no point in oversaturating service in this corridor as it's already been done. Also the 12 is plenty frequent, so there's no need for that either.

49 is a definite no because lag.
48 wouldn't make sense because it's not the heaviest routeYeah no people don't like their computers self destructing from OMSI lagBut... why?

1) I really should've thought ahead

2) I remember like a few months ago you mentioned Artics on 49 so idk if it's still happening.

3) True. My computer can't handle most of MTA's mods lulz

4)Here's the problem: 68 express arrows go straight but there's nothing there.

Dash5155

Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 07, 2019, 06:58:00 pm4)Here's the problem: 68 express arrows go straight but there's nothing there.

So reroute the 68 EXPRESS and make it take a longer route because you're lost on the arrows?

wxman4life

My personal opinion is make more routes like the 46. Something about those neighborhood routes I really enjoy!  It's my favorite route to drive.

Jonathan the great

i was thinking you shoud add more Direct and express routes

Chris4078

I was thinking to add more routes into the Lakeland Walmart the 14 could use a little help with that

htownman25

Quote from: Jonathan the great on August 11, 2019, 01:17:36 pmi was thinking you should add more Direct and express routes

Maybe but from where to where?  I reckon there needs to be at least one (or more) express routes going to the airport, IMHO.

Dash5155

Quote from: wxman4life on August 10, 2019, 09:42:31 pmMy personal opinion is make more routes like the 46. Something about those neighborhood routes I really enjoy!  It's my favorite route to drive.
That's the plan with this version. I'm going to try and make less of the downtown area routes and more of the outer routes. Effectively making things less.... "busy" on these lines as well. (we're talking limited traffic and buses once an hour).
Quote from: Jonathan the great on August 11, 2019, 01:17:36 pmi was thinking you shoud add more Direct and express routes
I mean but where though? I have plans to add express buses from the airport to other areas in the city, but otherwise idk.
Quote from: htownman25 on August 13, 2019, 10:58:30 pmMaybe but from where to where?  I reckon there needs to be at least one (or more) express routes going to the airport, IMHO.
Okay this.
Quote from: Chris4078 on August 13, 2019, 03:19:06 amI was thinking to add more routes into the Lakeland Walmart the 14 could use a little help with that
There will be a circulator route that goes from Collins T.C. Lakeland and National Park to the Walmart, and back. there will also be one from Tremont Park and Ride to the Walmart, then direct to Collins T.C. Other than that, no plans are in place to do this. I want to give the Walmart the appropriate suburban feeling with hourly service.

Chris4078

What routes are you thinking for the circular routes

Dash5155

Quote from: Chris4078 on August 14, 2019, 02:19:54 amWhat routes are you thinking for the circular routes

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 05, 2019, 11:36:29 pmRouting changes:
Many existing routes will change based on some comments given in the past operations wise.
  • Lakeland
    • Route A will take over operation from Collins Transportation Center to Barnes Estates via Terry Road. This new route will operate via route 173 (Roosevelt Boulevard) to Keswick Overwatch, then to Barnes Estates following the original routing of route 216
    • Route B will take over operation from Collins Transportation Center to Barnes Estates via Main Street. This new route will operate via Route 173 (Roosevelt Boulevard) to National Park, then to Barnes Estates following the current route 214
    • Route 217 will become route C, without any changes (for now).
    • Route 218 and 219 will become routes D and E respectively.
    • Route D will serve National Park and Lakeland Walmart (which does not current exist), before continuing to Tremont Park and Ride, then terminating at Seneca Street.
    • CCTA Route 14 will be rerouted via Lakeland Walmart, and terminate at the current Lakeland route 214, 216, and 217 spot inside Collins Transportation Center
    • Routes A, B, and D will terminate on the street at Collins Transit Center. Routes A, B will turn into route D buses at Collins Transportation Center and vice versa.
    • Route C will take the old spot for route 215 at Collins Transit Center.
  • Greenville
    • Route 201 will be called "Eastside Circulator," and will operate as a hybrid between current routes 201 and 202 terminating in Downtown Greenville.
    • Service to Greenville High School will become route 202, to be called "School Service", and operate as an express from Downtown Greenville on weekdays 6am-8am and 2:30pm-5:30pm
    • A new Shopper's Special route 203 will start in Downtown Greenville, operating to Springfield Mall.
    • GREAT routes will become inter-lined. Route 201 trips continue as route 203 trips, and Vice-Versa

MillerRichard1

I think personally the 14 that goes to Austin-Madison needs to have a change in number. I mean it goes to too many destinations: Springfield Mall, Arrott TC, Collins TC, Austin-Madison and I think there's one more (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not saying that the route has to be changed but just make the number something different. I know me and a buddy talked about different numbers. He suggested route 7, however, I was thinking (to stay within double digits) maybe like call it route 24 or like a route 73. Idk.. Just something different

htownman25

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 03:28:22 amI think personally the 14 that goes to Austin-Madison needs to have a change in number. I mean it goes to too many destinations: Springfield Mall, Arrott TC, Collins TC, Austin-Madison and I think there's one more (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not saying that the route has to be changed but just make the number something different. I know me and a buddy talked about different numbers. He suggested route 7, however, I was thinking (to stay within double digits) maybe like call it route 24 or like a route 73. Idk.. Just something different

The 14 originates from Arrott TC and goes to the following locations:  Springfield Mall, Collins TC, and Austin-Madison.  If there really needs to be a change to differentiate the variants of the 14, either go that route or (if possible) add a designated letter.

Examples:

Option 1 (changing numbers)=>14 from Arrott TC to Collins TC; 15 from Arrott TC to Springfield Mall; 18 from Arrott TC to Austin-Madison.

Option 2 (adding designated letters - only if possible)=>14C from Arrott TC to Collins TC; 14S from Arrott TC to Springfield Mall; 14A from Arrott TC to Austin-Madison.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: htownman25 on August 14, 2019, 11:09:13 amThe 14 originates from Arrott TC and goes to the following locations:  Springfield Mall, Collins TC, and Austin-Madison.  If there really needs to be a change to differentiate the variants of the 14, either go that route or (if possible) add a designated letter.

Examples:

Option 1 (changing numbers)=>14 from Arrott TC to Collins TC; 15 from Arrott TC to Springfield Mall; 18 from Arrott TC to Austin-Madison.

Option 2 (adding designated letters - only if possible)=>14C from Arrott TC to Collins TC; 14S from Arrott TC to Springfield Mall; 14A from Arrott TC to Austin-Madison.

With your option 1, you basically just reiterated my point. I prefer there to be a change in number. (i.e. 24 or 73(like I mentioned)) just something different. With option 2, I don't mind that, but at the end of it all, it would still be considered a 14 route; you just have a letter to separate them. I prefer a different number. Having the 14 go to Collins TC and Springfield Mall is already good enough. Why should there be a need to have a 3rd location? Overall, so yes, you can still have the bus go to Austin-Madison, just change the overall number to something different

Chris4078

I actually like the lettering for the 14

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Chris4078 on August 14, 2019, 06:29:44 pmI actually like the lettering for the 14

Of course you do lol. Say, inbox me on fb. Gotta talk to ya

htownman25

Quote from: Chris4078 on August 14, 2019, 06:29:44 pmI actually like the lettering for the 14

I do, too - but only if it's possible to do so.

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 12:17:28 pmWith your option 1, you basically just reiterated my point. I prefer there to be a change in number. (i.e. 24 or 73(like I mentioned)) just something different. With option 2, I don't mind that, but at the end of it all, it would still be considered a 14 route; you just have a letter to separate them. I prefer a different number. Having the 14 go to Collins TC and Springfield Mall is already good enough. Why should there be a need to have a 3rd location? Overall, so yes, you can still have the bus go to Austin-Madison, just change the overall number to something different

An easy fix for those who are way too confused as to which 14 goes where from Arrott TC.  Not saying this option should come in 2nd place but all options should still be put on the table.

Option 2 just solidifies the notion that at the end of the day, it shouldn't be too confusing to differentiate the 14s departing from Arrott TC with just a simple letter and a little education as to which one's which.

Currently, only the 14 goes to Austin-Madison so that's reason why you have a 3rd 14 route.

The 3rd option can be just to leave it as is and (using your imagination) just simply look at the name of the next 14 to leave Arrott TC.

Soon, they'll be two routes going to Austin-Madison with the addition of a new route 93 coming from the Darrah Peak Terminal via Washington Lane.

Dash5155

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 03:28:22 amI think personally the 14 that goes to Austin-Madison needs to have a change in number. I mean it goes to too many destinations: Springfield Mall, Arrott TC, Collins TC, Austin-Madison and I think there's one more (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not saying that the route has to be changed but just make the number something different. I know me and a buddy talked about different numbers. He suggested route 7, however, I was thinking (to stay within double digits) maybe like call it route 24 or like a route 73. Idk.. Just something different
Madison is 2 streets off from the regular 14 route. So it's not like a whole different route or anything. Plus A L L late night 14 trips go there. Splitting it up would cause confusion if it was say a real agency because only late night trips and some rush hour trips go to Austin-Madison. If I was to split the 14 into separate routes, people would think Late night service on the 14 is getting eliminated, and the trunk of service along Buselton will seem to be "servered" during rush hours. In real life, agencies have rush hour cutbacks without renumbering the routes all the time.

Legit, no weekend or midday service to that loop. It would make no sense to split it into it's own route. It would be a weird split.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 14, 2019, 09:16:06 pmMadison is 2 streets off from the regular 14 route. So it's not like a whole different route or anything. Plus A L L late night 14 trips go there. Splitting it up would cause confusion if it was say a real agency because only late night trips and some rush hour trips go to Austin-Madison. If I was to split the 14 into separate routes, people would think Late night service on the 14 is getting eliminated, and the trunk of service along Buselton will seem to be "servered" during rush hours. In real life, agencies have rush hour cutbacks without renumbering the routes all the time.

Legit, no weekend or midday service to that loop. It would make no sense to split it into it's own route. It would be a weird split.

Then if anything,perhaps remove the 14 going to Collins TC and replace that with a different number, idk. I'm just offering up my suggestion for something different since it's the only bus that goes to 3 different locations (correct me if I'm wrong)

htownman25

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 09:27:02 pmThen if anything,perhaps remove the 14 going to Collins TC and replace that with a different number, idk. I'm just offering up my suggestion for something different since it's the only bus that goes to 3 different locations (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd say just leave it as is because IRL, a little education would go a LONG way in knowing which 14 goes where as it departs Arrott TC.

Dash5155

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 09:27:02 pmThen if anything,perhaps remove the 14 going to Collins TC and replace that with a different number, idk. I'm just offering up my suggestion for something different since it's the only bus that goes to 3 different locations (correct me if I'm wrong)
Kinda yes kinda no? All route 14 trips serve Austin. Madison is just two stops east of the regular route on Buselton Avenue, but it's also the only spot where the bus could turn around without going off route.

At night, all route 14 trips terminate at Austin-Madison.

ALL service to Springfield mall, end service around Midnight (in the released this is routes 35, 124, 125, 204, and 214), ALL routes to Lakeland also end service at 12 midnight (due to Lakeland bus lines themselves not operating, which in the released version would be routes 214-219). The only place where route 14 can operate is along Buselton, which is why the late night trips end at Madison Loop. The only split-up that would truly make sense is the 14 to Springfield Mall trips and the 14 to Lakeland trips, but in the WIP version that will all be fixed. ALL trips will serve Springfield whether or not they terminate at the mall.

In the released version, all route 34 and 35 trips cut back at 18th-City before headed to the depot, regardless of where it started. Central Directs do the same. The 46 was supposed to, but that particular update never came out. If you analyze the files, you'll notice that some 46 schedule files indicate a Pine Street cutback. This was never utilized (in the released version)

Don't even get me started on the mess that is the current 215 bus, with two cutbacks (which will still be active when the lettered routes take over) which are used in both directions at all times.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 15, 2019, 01:16:14 amKinda yes kinda no? All route 14 trips serve Austin. Madison is just two stops east of the regular route on Buselton Avenue, but it's also the only spot where the bus could turn around without going off route.

At night, all route 14 trips terminate at Austin-Madison.

ALL service to Springfield mall, end service around Midnight (in the released this is routes 35, 124, 125, 204, and 214), ALL routes to Lakeland also end service at 12 midnight (due to Lakeland bus lines themselves not operating, which in the released version would be routes 214-219). The only place where route 14 can operate is along Buselton, which is why the late night trips end at Madison Loop. The only split-up that would truly make sense is the 14 to Springfield Mall trips and the 14 to Lakeland trips, but in the WIP version that will all be fixed. ALL trips will serve Springfield whether or not they terminate at the mall.

In the released version, all route 34 and 35 trips cut back at 18th-City before headed to the depot, regardless of where it started. Central Directs do the same. The 46 was supposed to, but that particular update never came out. If you analyze the files, you'll notice that some 46 schedule files indicate a Pine Street cutback. This was never utilized (in the released version)

Don't even get me started on the mess that is the current 215 bus, with two cutbacks (which will still be active when the lettered routes take over) which are used in both directions at all times.

I guess I can see what you mean when you explain it that way. As always, this was just me offering up my opinion and giving my input on the situation. I mean, I don't get confused between the 14s in the game as I'm well aware of where each one heads, I just thought 3 destinations was a bit much and the removal of having it go to one and replacing it with a different number would be something good. I mean, it's not like I'm asking for the whole entire route to be deleted lmao, just prefer there to be a different number

htownman25

Moving on.......

I read that the Greenville Transit Hub will be gone.  Will that site be a parking lot (maybe) for the rail line that stops there?

Dash5155

Quote from: htownman25 on August 15, 2019, 08:49:36 amMoving on.......

I read that the Greenville Transit Hub will be gone.  Will that site be a parking lot (maybe) for the rail line that stops there?
Super ironic that you ask this right as I was gonna post about the change. This is Greenville Tran-I mean Metro Station
2019-08-16.png

I accidentally made route 102 obsolete because the 124 bus takes the exact same route as the 102 through Greenville, but runs more frequently than the 102.

So uh... should I eliminate it?

Advertisement