• Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.

Advertisement

Recent Posts!

Cayuga USA

Started by Dash5155, December 14, 2016, 07:07:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash5155 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

reappearings

Quote from: Dash5155 on December 30, 2018, 07:07:14 am
Quote from: reappearings on December 30, 2018, 12:20:37 am
Quote from: Dash5155 on December 29, 2018, 09:13:22 am
Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on December 28, 2018, 11:36:33 pmI have not downloaded this version yet, so I have no bugs or anything to report, but I have only one suggestion: A direct bus service to Cayuga City Airport
ok
That's a good point, there aren't any routes to Cayuga Airport rn other than the one to UPS hub
That's because the airport airport isn't even there yet.
mfw

reappearings

Route Proposal:
Route 309 A Direct to Cayuga International Airport
Front-Market Station <-> 20th-Johnston <-> Airport
(Brand new Airport Busway around Desplaines St)
It takes the Route 17 route, and at around 20th-Oregon it starts taking the Route 68 route, and around Desplaines there will be a new busway that goes toward the airport.

Dash5155

See the first post for the New Years update, which fixes the following:

Corrections:
  • Corrects the remaining "147" stops along Buselton Avenue
  • Removes requirements for "the missing "50m Terrain Spline" and Ashleytales junction
  • Added "BMO Objects" to the install package
  • Corrected traffic lights and "parked cars" along Market Street

Additions:
  • Extends Subway service to "South Depot" (with no additional stops as of yet, due to potential re-routing)
  • Added new route 20 to line-up, (tacked onto the route 70 timetable)
  • Adds "DBC" Cars and articulated buses to AI list, regardless of settings
  • Added a "last situation" so that "Load Map without buses" is not required to find the map in the menu"

ENJOY

Click here to return to the first post

Mta_Donny

The problem of white showing up where grass should be is still there. Or at least when I use the map. Is there something on my end I didn't do?

Germac1987

Quote from: Mta_Donny on January 03, 2019, 03:34:57 pmThe problem of white showing up where grass should be is still there. Or at least when I use the map. Is there something on my end I didn't do?

@Mta_Donny I am having the same issue.

reappearings

I was scrolling through old posts on this thread and I realize there's supposed to be Chrono  events? I don't have those lol

YRT

Quote from: reappearings on January 03, 2019, 07:59:45 pmI was scrolling through old posts on this thread and I realize there's supposed to be Chrono  events? I don't have those lol

What are chrono events?

I had a great run today on the 75. Arrott -> Wayne Junction. Only issue I have is with the timetable. I think it's too spread out for the distances between the bus stops. Main issue arises when you're on Wyoming between 11th and 26th. It's a minute between stops but the stops are only like 30 seconds or less away. By the time I hit Wayne I was six minutes early!

reappearings

Quote from: YRT on January 03, 2019, 09:09:53 pm
Quote from: reappearings on January 03, 2019, 07:59:45 pmI was scrolling through old posts on this thread and I realize there's supposed to be Chrono  events? I don't have those lol

What are chrono events?

I had a great run today on the 75. Arrott -> Wayne Junction. Only issue I have is with the timetable. I think it's too spread out for the distances between the bus stops. Main issue arises when you're on Wyoming between 11th and 26th. It's a minute between stops but the stops are only like 30 seconds or less away. By the time I hit Wayne I was six minutes early!
Where in different years you have different sets of AI, and maybe even a different road layout, too.

I agree. I have to go like 20 mph just to keep up with the schedule. Also this is an issue on all other bus routes tbh

Dash5155

Quote from: Mta_Donny on January 03, 2019, 03:34:57 pmThe problem of white showing up where grass should be is still there. Or at least when I use the map. Is there something on my end I didn't do?
It's not a major part of the map, but the Cotrell map is the one that has the grass textures. It's the same as the default grass so there's no reason for me to require this, but since when I did the test install the grass showed up, I didn't think it was necessary to "fix" it. If anything, it acts as a fail safe to ensure that people installed the map properly as if errors occur like "missing map" bits, and the grass is also white, I can 100% say it's because of an improper install.
That was for version 0.6, it was the cause of most lag related issues and was removed for 0.7

Quote from: reappearings on January 04, 2019, 03:22:20 am
Quote from: YRT on January 03, 2019, 09:09:53 pm

What are chrono events?

Where in different years you have different sets of AI, and maybe even a different road layout, too.

I agree. I have to go like 20 mph just to keep up with the schedule. Also this is an issue on all other bus routes tbh
Well then follow the speed limits? The schedules are made with certain traffic conditions in mind, so if you're too ahead of schedule it's because your traffic settings and my traffic settings didn't match. It would be "cool" to modify the schedules for each type of traffic setup but at best I can only tell you your schedules would better match at night for the 75, where you're only allocated 19 minutes to complete the route instead of 26.

FYI you should only be going 20-30mph on Wyoming anyway. Not 60.

YRT

Increased my traffic with somewhat of a better result. Thanks!

Also, route 54 isn't available when selecting timetables. Tried at different times of the day; it's not listed.

Dash5155

Quote from: YRT on January 05, 2019, 06:36:56 pmIncreased my traffic with somewhat of a better result. Thanks!

Also, route 54 isn't available when selecting timetables. Tried at different times of the day; it's not listed.
Noted, will upload a patch within 4-5 hours. I guess while I'm at it, I'll change those grass textures...

reappearings

I saw helpers for routes 1, 89, 91, 101. Are those old routes?

Dash5155

Quote from: reappearings on January 06, 2019, 12:46:02 pmI saw helpers for routes 1, 89, 91, 101. Are those old routes?
The 1 was supposed to be a circulator downtown but was never implemented due to lag. The new route 1 is now the 19. So yeah that one is old.

The 89 is a future route, which also acts as a circulator. That one is still being worked on but won't be out in the 0.7 branch of the map. Same with the 91 and 101.

Dash5155

Okay so see the first post for the latest patch. Patch Notes:

Additions:
  • Added traffic lights along Buselton Avenue

Corrections:
  • Adjusted scenery along Buselton between 5th Avenue and Woodlawn
  • Removed route 3 signs along Buselton
  • Added Announcements along Wyoming Avenue
  • Corrected .hof files to correctly display route 75 to Wayne Junction or Arrott TC.
  • Re-did ALL exterior announcements so that they're more consistent volume-wise.
  • Fixed TTData files so that route 54 is drivable on a schedule.

lexman25

Does anyone know which download I am missing?

Here is a list of the missing objects according to Map Tools:
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead\bpm_house03.sco
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead\depot_1.sco
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead\tot_building01.sco
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead\tqy_toll01.sco
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead\wills.sco

109 Guests, 1 User

Advertisement

TinyPortal © 2005-2018