Virtual Transportation Center

  • Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.
 

I've Decided to Retire from OMSI...

Started by Dash5155, July 05, 2019, 08:28:28 am

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dash5155

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty sure you can tell by the title what's going on here, I, Dash, have to decided to retire from OMSI modding for good. I know I've left the community time and time again be it from stress, messed up hardware, or financial trouble, but this time I'm stepping down for good.

What does this mean?

Well for starters, no new mods, updates, or patches will be made by me, nor will I make any further support posts related to OMSI mods. This also means no new OMSI 2 videos will be posted on my gaming channels.

What about Cayuga USA?

Cayuga USA, Grundelphia, and Liberty will remain online, and I have no intention of eliminating these maps for any reason. However with that being said the promised 0.7.7 and 0.8 updates for Cayuga USA are as good as cancelled.

Will the repaired New Flyer Powertrain Mod be re-released?

No, and to be honest I never considered it to be broken myself. I just also am aware that not everyone has the same tastes, and most would prefer if I didn't force SEPTA specs on them. So the New Flyer Powertrain Mod will remain offline. If someone has an old version they want to repost, feel free. Just be aware that I will NOT be supporting it.

What will happen to Virtual Transportation Center

Nothing. I use this website for other things than OMSI, so removing the website would be more of a loss for me than for OMSI. That being said this site and everything currently on it will remain for years to come.

Why are you retiring?

Well. I'm 26 years old, with a family to take care of. While OMSI modding is a good way to kill time, the community has grown to expect me to have made this my full time job. Which I don't mind, but the problem is for me to dedicate my time to such a task, I'd need some type of compensation for the time I'm not spending with my family, which is just not feasible with making OMSI mods with my current model (honestly, it's cost me more than I can afford multiple times, from financially, to socially. I've lost real life friends over modding). Not to mention, all of the recent negative attention my work has been getting, as well as myself. My family has been harassed due to some of this as well, and I've decided enough is enough. I'm dropping out of this for the safety of my mental health as well as to have more time with my family and friends. To have more time to work my job in real life, and to continue living my life as an adult.


Will you come back to LOTUS when that comes out?

MAYBE but it wouldn't be as big a bang as with OMSI. I'd be in LOTUS but I wouldn't make as much content if I did. Maybe a map the size of Grundorf and a few repaints here and there, but nothing big, Not this time.


I'm sorry for those who take this as a loss, but please understand this is for the best. If you still want fresh content for OMSI, I recommend you check out Fellowsfilm, New Era Universe, or MTA3306's Corner. I hope you all have a wonderful day!


Go-Go-Packers

WOW  have a happy retirement dash really enjoyed every mod you put out and also really liked the american themed maps etc I really wanted to see what Cayuga 0.8 was going to be . You should've dropped it and walked off into the sunset.


MillerRichard1

 :'(  :'(  :'(  We're going to miss you Dash!! Thanks for everything you have put out towards the OMSI Community. We all wish you the very best moving forward with your life for years to come. It was truly an honor for all the support, mods, etc. that you have done for everyone here and we are extremely grateful for it. Enjoy your retirement

htownman25

While this may be a sad day for many people who read this, I think what you're doing is actually better for you personally - especially after me reading the "why" part of you retiring from OMSI modding.

I do have the "old" version of the New Flyer Powertrain Mod - the most recent version before it was taken down - but I will not repost due to the fact that those who may not have it yet will not like it because many of the buses (namely the D40LF buses) are SEPTA-spec'd.  Maybe somebody else would repost.

Now you can focus on more IRL stuff than this mess called OMSI.  Much success to you in the future.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: htownman25 on July 05, 2019, 09:43:45 pmWhile this may be a sad day for many people who read this, I think what you're doing is actually better for you personally - especially after me reading the "why" part of you retiring from OMSI modding.

I do have the "old" version of the New Flyer Powertrain Mod - the most recent version before it was taken down - but I will not repost due to the fact that those who may not have it yet will not like it because many of the buses (namely the D40LF buses) are SEPTA-spec'd.  Maybe somebody else would repost.

Now you can focus on more IRL stuff than this mess called OMSI.  Much success to you in the future.

What was in the old version that differs from the new version? I've never knew about this mod til I heard about the site and the only version I ever knew of was the Christmas Update at the time


Dash5155

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on July 06, 2019, 01:55:13 pmWhat was in the old version that differs from the new version? I've never knew about this mod til I heard about the site and the only version I ever knew of was the Christmas Update at the time
The Christmas update introduced the SEPTA spec bodies. Originally, all the bodies were the default DBC bus body.

htownman25

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on July 06, 2019, 01:55:13 pmWhat was in the old version that differs from the new version? I've never knew about this mod til I heard about the site and the only version I ever knew of was the Christmas Update at the time

What Dash said - but then came complaints about some folks not liking the SEPTA spec bodies (I was NOT one of them, BTW) and even though he mentioned some bugs about those, it still fell on deaf ears.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: htownman25 on July 06, 2019, 08:34:50 pmWhat Dash said - but then came complaints about some folks not liking the SEPTA spec bodies (I was NOT one of them, BTW) and even though he mentioned some bugs about those, it still fell on deaf ears.

Those who didn't like the SEPTA spec bodies should've just made their own spec bodies then. I get everyone has their own opinion on it but I feel like it just ruins it now for those who may want this mod until someone releases an older version if say for example their computer breaks and they got a new one. Now, they have no choice but to wait for someone to release the prior version

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Dash5155 on July 06, 2019, 03:29:21 pmThe Christmas update introduced the SEPTA spec bodies. Originally, all the bodies were the default DBC bus body.

Thanks Dash! Doubt you'll see this but at least now I know

MillerRichard1

Quote from: htownman25 on July 05, 2019, 09:43:45 pmWhile this may be a sad day for many people who read this, I think what you're doing is actually better for you personally - especially after me reading the "why" part of you retiring from OMSI modding.

I do have the "old" version of the New Flyer Powertrain Mod - the most recent version before it was taken down - but I will not repost due to the fact that those who may not have it yet will not like it because many of the buses (namely the D40LF buses) are SEPTA-spec'd.  Maybe somebody else would repost.

Now you can focus on more IRL stuff than this mess called OMSI.  Much success to you in the future.

Do you think you can repost it or if you don't mind, can you please send me the old version of the New Flyer Powertrain mod? I just went through an issue with my computer where I lost everything on it and now I have to get all the mods I once had by scratch and being I'm one person who actually enjoyed this mod being it was SEPTA-spec'd for one, I really would like to have this again

htownman25

New Flyer Powertrain Mod (w/SEPTA spec'd D40LFs)

To all:  Since the New Flyer Powertrain Mod thread is locked, I have taken the liberty at reposting the most recent New Flyer Powertrain Mod here - so as to not create a new separate thread.  Click on the link above.

Please keep in mind that this is the version with the SEPTA spec'd D40LF buses in it so if you're not wanting this version, PLEASE do NOT click the link.  Also, neither Dash or myself will provide any support for what you're downloading.

Thank you!

p.s.  I can send you the file ONLY if the link doesn't work.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

Have a nice retirement from OMSI Dash! I really enjoyed your mods and maps for the sim.
And again I really appreciate you using my door mod in your Powertrain mod, glad to know it was of help
to you.

Best of luck! :)
(I realize I'm late for this response lol)
I Love ANIME-AND-BUSES.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: htownman25 on July 22, 2019, 09:50:16 pmNew Flyer Powertrain Mod (w/SEPTA spec'd D40LFs)

To all:  Since the New Flyer Powertrain Mod thread is locked, I have taken the liberty at reposting the most recent New Flyer Powertrain Mod here - so as to not create a new separate thread.  Click on the link above.

Please keep in mind that this is the version with the SEPTA spec'd D40LF buses in it so if you're not wanting this version, PLEASE do NOT click the link.  Also, neither Dash or myself will provide any support for what you're downloading.

Thank you!

p.s.  I can send you the file ONLY if the link doesn't work.

Thank you!!


Powered by EzPortal
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk