Virtual Transportation Center

  • Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.
 

Cayuga USA v0.8 Released!

Started by Dash5155, December 14, 2016, 07:07:12 pm

coach31618 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

YRT

First off, thank you Dash for all the hard work you've put into this. A lot of us are grateful of your efforts to make this game as realistic as possible for us all. :)

I have noticed though with the KTA Wellington Station, whenever I select a route, pick up my passengers and drive off; the game doesn't detect me as leaving Wellington Station and continuing on the route. It just sticks to the Wellington Station stop. Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong (which very well might be the case).


Dash5155

Quote from: YRT on December 31, 2019, 10:51:32 amFirst off, thank you Dash for all the hard work you've put into this. A lot of us are grateful of your efforts to make this game as realistic as possible for us all. :)

I have noticed though with the KTA Wellington Station, whenever I select a route, pick up my passengers and drive off; the game doesn't detect me as leaving Wellington Station and continuing on the route. It just sticks to the Wellington Station stop. Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong (which very well might be the case).
It's not anything you're doing. I was meaning to rebuild Wellington for that reason to be completely honest lol I'll have to for the next version though.


bjb2029

I had version 0.7 and everything worked fine, I had to reinstall windows because of a unrelated issue and lost all Omsi mods so I found this version while looking for 0.7 again with much surprise and gratitude, I installed everything and parts of the map for me have blue sky and parts of the map appear to be missing I have installed everything required including the additional splines and scenery objects, is their a specific order I have to install these files in since its a fresh install of omsi and not a overwrite of version 0.7?

Dash5155

Quote from: bjb2029 on January 01, 2020, 12:43:14 pmI had version 0.7 and everything worked fine, I had to reinstall windows because of a unrelated issue and lost all Omsi mods so I found this version while looking for 0.7 again with much surprise and gratitude, I installed everything and parts of the map for me have blue sky and parts of the map appear to be missing I have installed everything required including the additional splines and scenery objects, is their a specific order I have to install these files in since its a fresh install of omsi and not a overwrite of version 0.7?
Well we won't know unless you send a log file lol

Dpflames

Hey Dash,
This is a minor problem but on route 46 the announcements at 60th-vine recognize it as 60th-Arch. Thank you


bjb2029

Seems Splines are missing from what I see but your the expert here lol

Dash5155

Quote from: bjb2029 on January 01, 2020, 07:47:58 pmSeems Splines are missing from what I see but your the expert here lol
idk if that was a jab at me or not lol but the only way to know what is missing and what isn't is to actually have a list of what's missing - since on my computer I have everything already. That's why I ask for log files/object lists from Map Tools. I'm no psychic by any means so when people say they have a problem that I do not, I need to actually see exactly what the problem is so I can go about fixing it.

If someone say reports a missing arrow at a location along the route, I can easily go into the map and fix it myself because that's an issue I would have as well... but when someone reports missing objects, I am not sure what objects they're referring to unless they show me exactly what is missing. Otherwise, I wouldn't know.

bjb2029

Wasn't a jab I was just pointing out that you know more than me on this subject so my view of the issue could be wrong, I understand what your saying when you said logfile I figured you meant from omsi, I scanned the Cayuga 0.8 map with map tools and attached a copy of the activity log and object list. This is the 1 spline im missing and from my cross reference of all the required splines and the ones I have in my game the one I don't have is Splines\Ruede\Fahrdraht_FF_B.sli

Dash5155

Quote from: bjb2029 on January 02, 2020, 10:08:03 amWasn't a jab I was just pointing out that you know more than me on this subject so my view of the issue could be wrong, I understand what your saying when you said logfile I figured you meant from omsi, I scanned the Cayuga 0.8 map with map tools and attached a copy of the activity log and object list. This is the 1 spline im missing and from my cross reference of all the required splines and the ones I have in my game the one I don't have is Splines\Ruede\Fahrdraht_FF_B.sli
I updateded the objects pack with that spline in there. I forgot to mention that lol my b.

bjb2029

No problem thanks for your help Dash

Chris4078

Is the repaint pack coming out soon

openbve092

Ooooooh, probably, don't rush it tho

htownman25

Quote from: Chris4078 on January 03, 2020, 10:45:08 pmIs the repaint pack coming out soon

From Dash:

Quote from: Dash5155 on December 27, 2019, 12:03:34 pmYou guys will be waiting well into the New Year. That's a lot of vehicles I have to paint lol. And it's not like before when I could just edit over the old ones. I have to do these from scratch lol.

When that project is done, he'll let us know.

Dpflames

Hey Dash
Two problems
-On route 92 I believe Some of the stops near Darrah Peak going towards Darradale Community College say 92 going to Greeneville High School. This is an issue because passengers won't enter inside the bus.
-Route 19 doesn't have external announcements

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Dpflames on January 08, 2020, 02:38:56 pmHey Dash
Two problems
-On route 92 I believe Some of the stops near Darrah Peak going towards Darradale Community College say 92 going to Greeneville High School. This is an issue because passengers won't enter inside the bus.
-Route 19 doesn't have external announcements

Route 19 if I remember is KTA service right? KTA service is not meant to have external announcements. As far as the 92 goes, I've experienced that myself as well

Dash5155

Quote from: Dpflames on January 08, 2020, 02:38:56 pmHey Dash
Two problems
-On route 92 I believe Some of the stops near Darrah Peak going towards Darradale Community College say 92 going to Greeneville High School. This is an issue because passengers won't enter inside the bus.
-Route 19 doesn't have external announcements
I'll fix the issue with the 92, but I must point out that passengers don't respond to the helpers. They respond to the destination sign and the scheduled buses for the bus. The helpers are just scenery that you can turn off/on.

As for the 19, none of the KTA routes have, and ever will have exterior announcements. That's not a bug, that's by design.

nope00

Quote from: Dash5155 on December 25, 2019, 09:26:09 amIt's probably some textures being missing in the repaints. Hopefully that can be fixed by getting back the old repaint pack.
Old repaint pack?

Dash5155

Quote from: nope00 on January 13, 2020, 06:46:08 pmOld repaint pack?
You're replying to a comment that came before the current version of the map became public, and was in response to someone else's problem on top of that. It more than likely is not what you think it is.

Dpflames

Hey Dash,
First of all thanks for the new repaints for the buses. Secondly are you going to add CANTA repaints for the Nova Lfsa and the Lfs? thanks again dash.

Dash5155

Quote from: Dpflames on January 17, 2020, 05:13:29 pmHey Dash,
First of all thanks for the new repaints for the buses. Secondly are you going to add CANTA repaints for the Nova Lfsa and the Lfs? thanks again dash.
Yes, eventually all the vehicles that had paints before will have them again. It's just gonna take a while because I have to redo them from the ground up and I have wayyyy less time than I did when I made the first version CCTA paints, and of course most of the update packages only had updates for some textures but the livery itself was never different enough for them to matter.

NOW

Company names have changed and CANTA's livery is dramatically different than the previous CCTA ones, so I have to actually redo them not just patch up the old ones.

Dash5155

Today (and yesterday) I did a 26 hour stream, where I made a few changes to Cayuga USA. Here's a short summary:

  • Introduced a new night time direct bus which goes from 61st-Pine to Arrott Transportation Center between the hours of 12am and 6am
  • Extended routes 34/35 down to Fern Rock via 10th Street
  • Corrected deadheads in routes 34/35 so that they now properly end at 16th-City when headed eastbound instead of 18th Street (causing them to de-spawn)
  • Made Dauphin Street go over to 11th Street, making it possible to get from 20th-Dauphin to Fern Rock Transportation Center
  • Corrected a bunch of messed up helper arrows along City Avenue

Dpflames

Quote from: Dash5155 on January 17, 2020, 11:04:03 pmYes, eventually all the vehicles that had paints before will have them again. It's just gonna take a while because I have to redo them from the ground up and I have wayyyy less time than I did when I made the first version CCTA paints, and of course most of the update packages only had updates for some textures but the livery itself was never different enough for them to matter.

NOW

Company names have changed and CANTA's livery is dramatically different than the previous CCTA ones, so I have to actually redo them not just patch up the old ones.
Thanks Dash.

Dpflames

Another thing dash,
On route 61 heading towards 20th and Dauphin. It doesn't display on the New Flyer buses unless you enter it manually. If you start a trip logging in it will only show the number not destination.

Dpflames

Passengers also don't board the bus too on the 61

Dash5155

Quote from: Dpflames on January 18, 2020, 12:01:57 pmAnother thing dash,
On route 61 heading towards 20th and Dauphin. It doesn't display on the New Flyer buses unless you enter it manually. If you start a trip logging in it will only show the number not destination.
Quote from: Dpflames on January 18, 2020, 12:19:54 pmPassengers also don't board the bus too on the 61
I noticed. I fixed this in the stream yesterday too whoops. Forgot to mention that. The map looks for the destination reading "19th-Dauphin" but I replaced it with "20th-Dauphin" in the hof files. For some reason, I forgot to do that on the map itself.

Feel free to keep reporting stuff though. I may release a patch tomorrow.


Powered by EzPortal