Virtual Transportation Center

  • Welcome to Virtual Transportation Center. Please login or sign up.
 

Cayuga USA v0.8 Released!

Started by Dash5155, December 14, 2016, 07:07:12 pm

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Chris4078 on August 14, 2019, 06:29:44 pmI actually like the lettering for the 14

Of course you do lol. Say, inbox me on fb. Gotta talk to ya


htownman25

Quote from: Chris4078 on August 14, 2019, 06:29:44 pmI actually like the lettering for the 14

I do, too - but only if it's possible to do so.

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 12:17:28 pmWith your option 1, you basically just reiterated my point. I prefer there to be a change in number. (i.e. 24 or 73(like I mentioned)) just something different. With option 2, I don't mind that, but at the end of it all, it would still be considered a 14 route; you just have a letter to separate them. I prefer a different number. Having the 14 go to Collins TC and Springfield Mall is already good enough. Why should there be a need to have a 3rd location? Overall, so yes, you can still have the bus go to Austin-Madison, just change the overall number to something different

An easy fix for those who are way too confused as to which 14 goes where from Arrott TC.  Not saying this option should come in 2nd place but all options should still be put on the table.

Option 2 just solidifies the notion that at the end of the day, it shouldn't be too confusing to differentiate the 14s departing from Arrott TC with just a simple letter and a little education as to which one's which.

Currently, only the 14 goes to Austin-Madison so that's reason why you have a 3rd 14 route.

The 3rd option can be just to leave it as is and (using your imagination) just simply look at the name of the next 14 to leave Arrott TC.

Soon, they'll be two routes going to Austin-Madison with the addition of a new route 93 coming from the Darrah Peak Terminal via Washington Lane.


Dash5155

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 03:28:22 amI think personally the 14 that goes to Austin-Madison needs to have a change in number. I mean it goes to too many destinations: Springfield Mall, Arrott TC, Collins TC, Austin-Madison and I think there's one more (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not saying that the route has to be changed but just make the number something different. I know me and a buddy talked about different numbers. He suggested route 7, however, I was thinking (to stay within double digits) maybe like call it route 24 or like a route 73. Idk.. Just something different
Madison is 2 streets off from the regular 14 route. So it's not like a whole different route or anything. Plus A L L late night 14 trips go there. Splitting it up would cause confusion if it was say a real agency because only late night trips and some rush hour trips go to Austin-Madison. If I was to split the 14 into separate routes, people would think Late night service on the 14 is getting eliminated, and the trunk of service along Buselton will seem to be "servered" during rush hours. In real life, agencies have rush hour cutbacks without renumbering the routes all the time.

Legit, no weekend or midday service to that loop. It would make no sense to split it into it's own route. It would be a weird split.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 14, 2019, 09:16:06 pmMadison is 2 streets off from the regular 14 route. So it's not like a whole different route or anything. Plus A L L late night 14 trips go there. Splitting it up would cause confusion if it was say a real agency because only late night trips and some rush hour trips go to Austin-Madison. If I was to split the 14 into separate routes, people would think Late night service on the 14 is getting eliminated, and the trunk of service along Buselton will seem to be "servered" during rush hours. In real life, agencies have rush hour cutbacks without renumbering the routes all the time.

Legit, no weekend or midday service to that loop. It would make no sense to split it into it's own route. It would be a weird split.

Then if anything,perhaps remove the 14 going to Collins TC and replace that with a different number, idk. I'm just offering up my suggestion for something different since it's the only bus that goes to 3 different locations (correct me if I'm wrong)

htownman25

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 09:27:02 pmThen if anything,perhaps remove the 14 going to Collins TC and replace that with a different number, idk. I'm just offering up my suggestion for something different since it's the only bus that goes to 3 different locations (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd say just leave it as is because IRL, a little education would go a LONG way in knowing which 14 goes where as it departs Arrott TC.


Dash5155

Quote from: MillerRichard1 on August 14, 2019, 09:27:02 pmThen if anything,perhaps remove the 14 going to Collins TC and replace that with a different number, idk. I'm just offering up my suggestion for something different since it's the only bus that goes to 3 different locations (correct me if I'm wrong)
Kinda yes kinda no? All route 14 trips serve Austin. Madison is just two stops east of the regular route on Buselton Avenue, but it's also the only spot where the bus could turn around without going off route.

At night, all route 14 trips terminate at Austin-Madison.

ALL service to Springfield mall, end service around Midnight (in the released this is routes 35, 124, 125, 204, and 214), ALL routes to Lakeland also end service at 12 midnight (due to Lakeland bus lines themselves not operating, which in the released version would be routes 214-219). The only place where route 14 can operate is along Buselton, which is why the late night trips end at Madison Loop. The only split-up that would truly make sense is the 14 to Springfield Mall trips and the 14 to Lakeland trips, but in the WIP version that will all be fixed. ALL trips will serve Springfield whether or not they terminate at the mall.

In the released version, all route 34 and 35 trips cut back at 18th-City before headed to the depot, regardless of where it started. Central Directs do the same. The 46 was supposed to, but that particular update never came out. If you analyze the files, you'll notice that some 46 schedule files indicate a Pine Street cutback. This was never utilized (in the released version)

Don't even get me started on the mess that is the current 215 bus, with two cutbacks (which will still be active when the lettered routes take over) which are used in both directions at all times.

MillerRichard1

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 15, 2019, 01:16:14 amKinda yes kinda no? All route 14 trips serve Austin. Madison is just two stops east of the regular route on Buselton Avenue, but it's also the only spot where the bus could turn around without going off route.

At night, all route 14 trips terminate at Austin-Madison.

ALL service to Springfield mall, end service around Midnight (in the released this is routes 35, 124, 125, 204, and 214), ALL routes to Lakeland also end service at 12 midnight (due to Lakeland bus lines themselves not operating, which in the released version would be routes 214-219). The only place where route 14 can operate is along Buselton, which is why the late night trips end at Madison Loop. The only split-up that would truly make sense is the 14 to Springfield Mall trips and the 14 to Lakeland trips, but in the WIP version that will all be fixed. ALL trips will serve Springfield whether or not they terminate at the mall.

In the released version, all route 34 and 35 trips cut back at 18th-City before headed to the depot, regardless of where it started. Central Directs do the same. The 46 was supposed to, but that particular update never came out. If you analyze the files, you'll notice that some 46 schedule files indicate a Pine Street cutback. This was never utilized (in the released version)

Don't even get me started on the mess that is the current 215 bus, with two cutbacks (which will still be active when the lettered routes take over) which are used in both directions at all times.

I guess I can see what you mean when you explain it that way. As always, this was just me offering up my opinion and giving my input on the situation. I mean, I don't get confused between the 14s in the game as I'm well aware of where each one heads, I just thought 3 destinations was a bit much and the removal of having it go to one and replacing it with a different number would be something good. I mean, it's not like I'm asking for the whole entire route to be deleted lmao, just prefer there to be a different number

htownman25

Moving on.......

I read that the Greenville Transit Hub will be gone.  Will that site be a parking lot (maybe) for the rail line that stops there?

Dash5155

Quote from: htownman25 on August 15, 2019, 08:49:36 amMoving on.......

I read that the Greenville Transit Hub will be gone.  Will that site be a parking lot (maybe) for the rail line that stops there?
Super ironic that you ask this right as I was gonna post about the change. This is Greenville Tran-I mean Metro Station
2019-08-16.png

I accidentally made route 102 obsolete because the 124 bus takes the exact same route as the 102 through Greenville, but runs more frequently than the 102.

So uh... should I eliminate it?

Dash5155

Heres some screenshots of the New GREAT buses.

20190817035710_2.jpg
20190817035839_2.jpg

The changes in Greenville are almost done. I just have to add helpers and remove the old bus stops, then we're onto Lakeland. I'll probably do a Greenville service stream at some point.

The Lycanroc Gamer

what will happen to the 102 and the 150

htownman25

Quote from: Dash5155 on August 16, 2019, 08:34:29 pmSuper ironic that you ask this right as I was gonna post about the change. This is Greenville Tran-I mean Metro Station
2019-08-16.png

I accidentally made route 102 obsolete because the 124 bus takes the exact same route as the 102 through Greenville, but runs more frequently than the 102.

So uh... should I eliminate it?

Good name.  I like it.

At first, I said yes to getting rid of the 102 but I take that back and I'm saying no.  See most recent post from me saying - at least - how it should go.

htownman25

Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 17, 2019, 07:46:45 amwhat will happen to the 102 and the 150

The 150 goes between 30th Street Station (Cayuga City) to Lakeland so for now, I think it should stay.  Unless the 102 can be rerouted through Greenville so it won't have to "mimic" the 124, it needs to go (the 102).  From what will now be the Greenville Metro Station, passengers can take the train to Springfield Mall and connect to any buses that'll take them to Cayuga City.

Dash5155

Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 17, 2019, 07:46:45 amwhat will happen to the 102 and the 150
Quote from: Dash5155 on August 05, 2019, 11:36:29 pmRouting changes:
Many existing routes will change based on some comments given in the past operations wise.
  • Greenville
    • Greenville Transit Hub will be reduced removed completely. All routes currently operating to here will be rerouted to serve Downtown Greenville and/or Springfield Mall.

I didn't realize this until I started modifying the 102, but both Springfield Mall and Downtown Greenville are both already served by the 124, which also expresses to Cayuga City Downtown. unless I take the 102 out of Greenville completely there's nowhere logical to send it.

The 150 will remain unaffected because it's all the way up in Lakeland, and is the only route to go there from Cayuga City Downtown.

Jonathan the great

You shoud make 150 stop at Greenville Transit Hub in both directions

htownman25

Quote from: Jonathan the great on August 17, 2019, 10:13:49 pmYou should make 150 stop at Greenville Transit Hub in both directions

You mean what will now be Greenville Metro Station and why, may I ask, does the 150 need to go there?

Jonathan the great


htownman25

There's already some new circulator routes (operated by GREAT) going to the Greenville Metro Station.

EDIT:  Just rode the 150 from Collins TC to 30th Street Station and I'm suggesting that the current routing should stay as is.

Reason:  Lakeland commuters should be able to board the bus at Collins TC and then go straight to DT Cayuga City as quick as possible.  Plus, it's already a long ride as it is.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that out of the way, I would like to know if ALL of GREAT's services will use smaller buses?  Oh and liking the new repaint/re-branding of GREAT.

Dash5155

For those who haven't been in the steams lately, Greenville is being reworked. I actually did a lot of research into this, looking into what small town agencies operate like, because several of the comments in the old versions was that Greenville felt too much like a "big city" to be a suburb, with Lakeland feeling more like a suburb (but it had its own set of complaints) Here's what changed as of now:

-CCTA Rail service operates between Fern Rock and Greenville, eliminating the need for CCTA bus route 102 to terminate in Greenville
-Greenville Transit Hub no longer acts as the main hub for Greenville. Instead, all local bus routes have been changed to terminate in downtown Greenville, with two routes (202 and 204, which are now 92 and 94) being given to CCTA
-The former Greenville transit hub was converted into a parking lot, and all route 201 trips serve there in both directions,
- A new Metro Station Shuttle (route 204) was introduced, providing direct service from downtown Greenville to Greenville Bus depot and then Greenville Metro Station (which technically is the parking lot where Greenville Transit Hub used to sit)

and of course...
The livery, which was dramatically simplified to represent the simplified services. The logo itself is based on Tompkins TCAT, which is the agency the original GREAT livery (the one before version 0.7) was based on. The colors remained the same though.






Quote from: htownman25 on August 18, 2019, 09:09:50 amThere's already some new circulator routes (operated by GREAT) going to the Greenville Metro Station.

EDIT:  Just rode the 150 from Collins TC to 30th Street Station and I'm suggesting that the current routing should stay as is.

Reason:  Lakeland commuters should be able to board the bus at Collins TC and then go straight to DT Cayuga City as quick as possible.  Plus, it's already a long ride as it is.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that out of the way, I would like to know if ALL of GREAT's services will use smaller buses?  Oh and liking the new repaint/re-branding of GREAT.

You're absolutely right on the 150, even if it was a rail line like the 101-104, it still makes less stops than the rail line does so it's a good option for commuters.

GREAT will likely use 40 foot DBC buses  in the release due to me trying to streamline the installation process.

However if such a system was real, the fleet would consist of 30 foot buses, as the routes were made with 30 footers in mind.

Quote from: Jonathan the great on August 17, 2019, 10:13:49 pmYou shoud make 150 stop at Greenville Transit Hub in both directions

If I was to make this change, it would effectively make the line become redundant because that make the line a duplicate of the 124/125 outbound and the 500 (314) inbound. Outbound riders from 30th Street would take route 124 service into Downtown Greenville, or 125 service to Darrah Peak. Inbound riders have the route 500 (314 - Boulevard Direct) that goes from Lakeland to Greenville with only 2 stops in-between. (There will be a stop added to Greenville Metro Station at some point).

A lot of what's being done with this version of the map, goes through with some research. So like adding stops on the 150, or having duplicate routes serve the same roads with no added benefits aren't happening. If the 150 was to have even 1 extra stop, it would be eliminated for it lol.

The Lycanroc Gamer

I have this suggestion: 102, but it runs nonstop to the airport

htownman25

Quote from: The Lycanroc Gamer on August 19, 2019, 02:57:34 pmI have this suggestion: 102, but it runs nonstop to the airport

Perhaps there really needs to be another viable option to get to the airport from the downtown area (besides the 49 and the Airport Line train).

EDIT:  Just did a FULL test run of whether or not the 102 can go to the airport and the answer is 100% - YES!  In other words, I officially changed my mind about initially saying that it needs to be handed the pink slip.

Outbound (to Airport)=>Keep the stops it currently has from 30th Street Station until Market & I-290.  Then you make a RIGHT turn onto the freeway (may wanna fix that ramp so the slowest of buses can make it up there without you doing anything crazy just to not lose too much momentum) and once it (the freeway) ends and turns into Industrial Hwy, mimic - let's say (for example) - the 49.  Probably not in stops but in direction en route to the Airport TC - if you want to have as less stops as possible.

Inbound (to 30th Street Station)=>Mimic the direction of the 49 out of the airport area and onto Industrial Hwy but keep straight on that roadway until you see yourself at the beginning of the freeway.  Get on it and stay on it and then get off at the Market Street exit.  Turn left and voila!  You're now able to keep those stops en route to 30th Street Station.

Somewhat off-topic:  Ironically enough, my hometown's transit agency - Houston METRO - indeed does have a route 102 to - yup - an airport.  Bush IAH to be exact.

Dash5155

To save anyone the trouble of asking, no I will not do a full city version because the whole system is just too dang large!

With that being said, here's a system map of Lakeland as of today. You can see what has changed and what is all the same. Most importantly, you can see where all the landmarks are in the map incase you want to search for them. Buses no longer terminate at National Park or Keswick Overwatch btw

LakelandBusLines.png

Click to see the full size map.

This makes me realize that there is no hospital in Lakeland... Potentially a new route will come soon to serve it lol.

htownman25


Dash5155


MillerRichard1

Some pretty dope changes Dash. Man.. if only more people actually cared for the development of the map rather than just being little pests and begging for a release date


Powered by EzPortal