• 5 replies

Dash5155

• God
  • I am kinda Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Virtual Transportation Center
Regarding Aussiex...
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
So as many of you know, OZx went down about a month ago due to being "compromised." Now in light of this, a lot of content on THIS site can no longer be used. I know this is frustrating but there's nothing we can do about this, and I'm not sure there's much the owners of OZx can do either. While this does mean a lot of content is unusable, please refrain from blaming developers for this. It's not our faults either.

I could rebuild some maps with this in mind, but that would also be salty for when aussiex comes back up. A lot of effort could be for nothing in light of this. We just need to be patient. If you ask people privately, that have the content, it's better to ask them for secondary links, than it is to pester developers for it.

Re: Regarding Aussiex...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 11:41:41 PM »
Greetings, I go by the name of Lockheart within the OMSI community. Some of you may or may not know of me, I am the creator of the map Willshire.
As it has come to my attention that Aussex has had some issues and very big problems, sadly none of which I know anything about as I have been out of the OMSI community for far too long, however because I want to see OMSI and the future of LOTUS to continue with its NA community I want to bring forward something that people hopefully will be happy to hear.

I wish to bring full permission to anyone and everyone that has access to my map Willshire, to upload, redistribute, alter, etc, however they see fit with in reason*. I bring this in because I know that a lot of the current NA maps for OMSI still seem to require Willshire, though I haven't delved deep enough to know exactly what my map brought to make it a requirement, but I am happy that it has helped pave a path for future OMSI North American maps.

So, if you have downloaded Willshire and have the zip file, or any form there of it. I ask that you please upload it where ever would be suitable, so that members can continue to enjoy OMSI's NA maps, it is a shame that I can only offer my map and files for the community at this time, but hopefully Aussex will be back up soon enough and members can continue to obtain the required files and maps.

Any further questions on Willshire, can be directed to me, though I don't access this site or any other OMSI site very often.

*: I do NOT however give permission to obtain any forms of monetary from the files, no uploading to sites that require payment or clicking ads for monetary means to the host in exchange for the downloads.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:49:47 AM »
Greetings, I go by the name of Lockheart within the OMSI community. Some of you may or may not know of me, I am the creator of the map Willshire.
As it has come to my attention that Aussex has had some issues and very big problems, sadly none of which I know anything about as I have been out of the OMSI community for far too long, however because I want to see OMSI and the future of LOTUS to continue with its NA community I want to bring forward something that people hopefully will be happy to hear.

I wish to bring full permission to anyone and everyone that has access to my map Willshire, to upload, redistribute, alter, etc, however they see fit with in reason*. I bring this in because I know that a lot of the current NA maps for OMSI still seem to require Willshire, though I haven't delved deep enough to know exactly what my map brought to make it a requirement, but I am happy that it has helped pave a path for future OMSI North American maps.

So, if you have downloaded Willshire and have the zip file, or any form there of it. I ask that you please upload it where ever would be suitable, so that members can continue to enjoy OMSI's NA maps, it is a shame that I can only offer my map and files for the community at this time, but hopefully Aussex will be back up soon enough and members can continue to obtain the required files and maps.

Any further questions on Willshire, can be directed to me, though I don't access this site or any other OMSI site very often.

*: I do NOT however give permission to obtain any forms of monetary from the files, no uploading to sites that require payment or clicking ads for monetary means to the host in exchange for the downloads.

Thank you so much.

Dash5155

• God
  • I am kinda Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Virtual Transportation Center
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »

Lockheart, I appreciate your help. If you don't mind, I could re-post Willshire up on here and then make it so that you are the owner so that you can adjust the posts and whatnot.

But again, very much appreciated. You are a big help!

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »
Lockheart, I appreciate your help. If you don't mind, I could re-post Willshire up on here and then make it so that you are the owner so that you can adjust the posts and whatnot.

But again, very much appreciated. You are a big help!

That is fine by me. What ever makes matters easier for everyone going forward.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »

Thank you very much.