Poll

Which non-DBC map should I start first? (options 1-5) Which DBC Should I start? (options 6 down)

Some DBC-based (and non) maps ideas!

• 25 replies

The Lycanroc Gamer

• Good Youtuber; bad bus driver
  • I may suck at bus driving, but I'm learning! Am I?
    • View Profile
Some DBC-based (and non) maps ideas!
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:41:19 PM »
I had been thinking about what could happen after New Era, Grundelphilia, New John City, and Cayuga USA (both normal and Midwest) would go outta style: i have alternative ideas! these are projects i wanted to start, but lack of funds, time, and patience put them on hold.

So....here they are:

-Project South MN
Minnesota: the land of 10,000 lakes and the Pinnacle of Public Transportation! This is a DBC map idea i had because I have been to the Twin Cities! the project: recreate the complete public transit systems of Maple Grove Transit, Twin Cities Metro, and Minnesota Valley transit

-Project LYNX
I had this idea when I went to Orlando in 8th grade. this includes the complete city of Orlando commuter scene. (Non DBC chicago)

-Project Tippecanoe
This came to me because I lived here! Let's not get into my personal life. OK! So this idea is a combination of School and public routes. This is a DBC map because there's a D60LF in the current fleet

-Project Metro ATL
One of my biggest projects! This, like Project MN, combines four different transit authorities. the only difference is the companies themselves. With this as one of my biggest, it's also one of my favorite. Combining the transit companies of CobbLinc, Gwinett County Transit, GA Xpress, and MARTA, it's the biggest project i have. (DBC map). Along with Project Chicago, this will have years, but from 1990-2017. Expect, after 2000, missing and renumbered routes. there's only 2 routes that won't be shown: 94 and 152

-Project Chicago
The biggest project I have! I am going to build the remaining routes on the chicago Downtown DLC, in a Daytonford similar manner: starting from 1992 to about 2017. Different projects, replacement of buses, bus stops, etc. Perfect project for me to do. Also gonna be missing and renumbered routes

(Side projects)
-Project CobbLinc
Standalone map of Cobb county transit! Contains former and current routes of CobbLinc, which links Cobb County (DBC map)

-Project Gwinnett
Another Standalone mini-project. Combining the former and current GCT routes (non-DBC map)

-Project Chatman
another standalone Non-DBC map. Got the idea from the Chatman county transit. Mostly gilligs

this will be updated with more map ideas! You can add if you want. Also I'm doing a bus called the Grande West Vicinity

(Proposed ideas)
-Project C-Tran
Before MARTA came to Clayton County from 2014 onwards, the Clayton County Board of comissioners made C-Tran: a standalone company in joint operations with MARTA. It operated from 2001-2010, and had Orion VII's, New Flyers, and only operated 8 routes: 5 local and 3 express. The company shut down due to budget shortfalls.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:24:31 PM by The Lycanroc Gamer »
I may be a bad bus driver (and even worse at recording), but I'm learning! Wait, am I learning how to drive? Or am I watching anime??? XD Who knows???

riva1125

• View Profile
Re: Some DBC-based (and non) maps ideas!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:40:41 PM »
sounds great man, i was thinking of a county connection map(contra costa county) concord, walnut creek, pleasant hill, ca area. or even a ac transit (alameda county, ca) map here's a repaint attached

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »
sounds great man, i was thinking of a county connection map(contra costa county) concord, walnut creek, pleasant hill, ca area. or even a ac transit (alameda county, ca) map here's a repaint attached
Hmm :-\
I could add those ideas
I may be a bad bus driver (and even worse at recording), but I'm learning! Wait, am I learning how to drive? Or am I watching anime??? XD Who knows???

Thatguy1

• making reskins for entertainment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:02:12 PM »

-Project Metro ATL
One of my biggest projects! This, like Project MN, combines four different transit authorities. the only difference is the companies themselves. With this as one of my biggest, it's also one of my favorite. Combining the transit companies of CobbLinc, Gwinett County Transit, GA Xpress, and MARTA, it's the biggest project i have. (DBC map). Along with Project Chicago, this will have years, but from 1990-2017. Expect, after 2000, missing and renumbered routes. there's only 2 routes that won't be shown: 94 and 152

(Side projects)
-Project CobbLinc
Standalone map of Cobb county transit! Contains former and current routes of CobbLinc, which links Cobb County (DBC map)

-Project Gwinnett
Another Standalone mini-project. Combining the former and current GCT routes (non-DBC map)

I'm only restricted to 4 attachments. Some reskins are older than others.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
Sounds like some great ideas! Might as well post ideas of my own, which will feature the states of Michigan, Illinois, New York and Ohio, all based on places I've visited or plan to visit in the future:

-A map based on at least a couple of routes of the Flint Mass Transportation Authority (I was working on this for a while, but haven't touched it in at least a few months). A mix of 1996 D40LFs, MCI coaches (some of which are CNG), XDE40s, Gilligs and ElDorado and Van Hool fuel-cell buses.

-A map based on Saginaw Transit Authority Regional Services. Orions (II, V and VII) and Gilligs.

-A map based on Bay Metro Transit, at least route 1 (Bay City to Standish, MI). Almost entirely Gilligs.

-A map based on the Capital Area Transportation Authority, New Flyers except a few streetcar replicas.

-A major modification to the Chicago map. It will feature chronos from 1989 to 2018 (including route changes, especially Loop Link implementation, and roster changes) and will also feature two additional driveable routes, the 20 and the 126 (both of which are already on the map as AI routes)

-A map based on City Bus Simulator 2010's New York City route M42 map. It will only contain the branch to 12th Avenue, as the Javits Center branch was discontinued, coincidentially, in 2010. Obviously nothing will be imported from CBS 2010.

-A map based on the Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority, likely starting with route 15. Gilligs, Blue Bird Ultra LFs, ElDorados, plus D40LFs, D35LFs and LFSes acquired second-hand.

-A map based on the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. At the very least it will have the Health Line, which is run using DE60LFAs; and the Cleveland State Line, which uses XD60s. NABI 40LFWs and Gilligs make up most of the other routes' fleets.

-A map based on the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority, at least including routes 1, 17; and the express routes (71 and 72, I believe) from Cincinnati to King's Island. Gilligs and New Flyers.

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »
Sounds like some great ideas! Might as well post ideas of my own, which will feature the states of Michigan, Illinois, New York and Ohio, all based on places I've visited or plan to visit in the future:

-A map based on at least a couple of routes of the Flint Mass Transportation Authority (I was working on this for a while, but haven't touched it in at least a few months). A mix of 1996 D40LFs, MCI coaches (some of which are CNG), XDE40s, Gilligs and ElDorado and Van Hool fuel-cell buses.

-A map based on Saginaw Transit Authority Regional Services. Orions (II, V and VII) and Gilligs.

-A map based on Bay Metro Transit, at least route 1 (Bay City to Standish, MI). Almost entirely Gilligs.

-A map based on the Capital Area Transportation Authority, New Flyers except a few streetcar replicas.

-A major modification to the Chicago map. It will feature chronos from 1989 to 2018 (including route changes, especially Loop Link implementation, and roster changes) and will also feature two additional driveable routes, the 20 and the 126 (both of which are already on the map as AI routes)

-A map based on City Bus Simulator 2010's New York City route M42 map. It will only contain the branch to 12th Avenue, as the Javits Center branch was discontinued, coincidentially, in 2010. Obviously nothing will be imported from CBS 2010.

-A map based on the Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority, likely starting with route 15. Gilligs, Blue Bird Ultra LFs, ElDorados, plus D40LFs, D35LFs and LFSes acquired second-hand.

-A map based on the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. At the very least it will have the Health Line, which is run using DE60LFAs; and the Cleveland State Line, which uses XD60s. NABI 40LFWs and Gilligs make up most of the other routes' fleets.

-A map based on the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority, at least including routes 1, 17; and the express routes (71 and 72, I believe) from Cincinnati to King's Island. Gilligs and New Flyers.

I hate to burst a bubble, but I have the Same Chicago Idea!

WAIT! We could do the Chicago Modification together!

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 09:33:36 PM »

-Project Metro ATL

(Side projects)
-Project CobbLinc

-Project Gwinnett

I saw those same skins! Old skins!

Hmm.........I might make my own skin......

In MARTA, there is XN40's and XDE60's(?)

Well I don't know. I am considering making new skins

Thatguy1

• making reskins for entertainment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »

-Project Metro ATL

(Side projects)
-Project CobbLinc

-Project Gwinnett

C40LF
C40LFR
D40LF
D35LF
Orion VII OG (2221 only remaining bus in service. ALL the others were withdrawn from service.)
XN40
XN35
grande west vicinity
XN60
Gillig BRT Plus

btw, the released skins are not the same as the ones that I have. I modified all of them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:35:11 PM by Thatguy1 »

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 07:42:12 AM »

-Project Metro ATL

(Side projects)
-Project CobbLinc

-Project Gwinnett
Another Standalone mini-project. Combining the former and current GCT routes (non-DBC(?) map)

C40LF
C40LFR
D40LF
D35LF
Orion VII OG (2221 only remaining bus in service. ALL the others were withdrawn from service.)
XN40
XN35
grande west vicinity
XN60
Gillig BRT Plus

btw, the released skins are not the same as the ones that I have. I modified all of them.

OK! Now there's only one (technically more) problem(s):
1) I don't have the Orion VII
2)I don't have DBC
and 3) I never got started on the Vicinity yet.

the third problem's the hardest. It's my first time making a bus, so I have no experience building a model, especially one from scratch. I'm on the hunt for blueprints for the bus.

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 10:14:11 PM »
UPDATE! MattBonboard2100 gave me more ideas to do! Thanks man.

Now to figure out how to make more buses :'(

A Orion I, II, and VI!

and BTW: There was no Orion V's in the CTA roster!

http://www.chicagobus.org/buses go here for skin inspiration!

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 03:19:30 PM »
Update(s):

(1) Project Chicago: I decided to do the WHOLE PACE Transit system along with the CTA

(2) Project Chicago: I am going to add Night routes (I forgot to mention that! Damn)

(3) Project Chicago: I am adding for 2018 map (I can't remember when these 2 routes came back! Damn it Facebook for not updating me) the X9 and X49.

(4) Project South MN: I'm doing 2 versions: Pre-modern (2010 or 2016? I gotta check) and Post-modern (After 2016?). I hope someone can help with the first version because Twin-Cities Metro had a tram service called the 55 and it ran between the Mall of America and Turner Field (joy.) Same with Project ATL, excpect it'll be a (ONE) curricular tram line

That's it for now! I'll update weekly with new ideas, changes, or decisions

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 04:29:19 PM »
I would love to see the Pace Transit.

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
I would love to see the Pace Transit.
Routes? Or skins? ;D

OK....let me not joke! PACE transit has 2 different route variants: Local and Express. Local goes from 208 all the way up to the 500's. Express routes go from the 600s to the 800s. There's also a trolley that runs from Rosemont to Schamburg

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 09:17:22 PM »
Whatever you can do for Pace Transit far as reskins and routes go would mean alot to me.

The Lycanroc Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »
there is a reskin (I believe) for the Orion V: http://www.vtransitcenter.com/index.php/topic,411.msg1711.html#msg1711 or http://www.vtransitcenter.com/index.php/topic,385.msg1560.html#msg1560

As for other skins for buses: I'm going to add so many other buses to my "Bus build list": A bunch of ElDorado National buses and the Chance Coach AH-25 (https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Optima_Bus_Corporation_American_Heritage_Streetcar)

BTW: What software should I use to build OMSI 2 vechicles?