General Support | December 02, 2017, 05:30:48 AM
OMSI takes too long to load Detroit or Grundorf map.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
    • View Profile
OMSI takes too long to load Detroit or Grundorf map.
« on: December 02, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
Hey guys! I was trying to install The Detroit map. But after installing all the splines and objects, the maps don't load. I thought it was only the detroit map, but then I was gonna load Grundorf and the same thing happens. After pressing start, it takes too long to load a small map. I've included the logfile here. Thanks in advance!

Update: While I was writing this topic, OMSI finally opened the window to select where to start on the map. But that just means it now only takes too long to load. I feel it has something to do with the fonts. The logfile said at one point," In "Fonts\FGY_M.oft" there was an error in line 32!" Is this the problem?

Dash5155

• God
  • Administrator
  • I am kinda Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Virtual Transportation Center
Re: OMSI takes too long to load Detroit or Grundorf map.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:40:29 PM »
Hey guys! I was trying to install The Detroit map. But after installing all the splines and objects, the maps don't load. I thought it was only the detroit map, but then I was gonna load Grundorf and the same thing happens. After pressing start, it takes too long to load a small map. I've included the logfile here. Thanks in advance!

Update: While I was writing this topic, OMSI finally opened the window to select where to start on the map. But that just means it now only takes too long to load. I feel it has something to do with the fonts. The logfile said at one point," In "Fonts\FGY_M.oft" there was an error in line 32!" Is this the problem?
I'd delete that file and see if it fixes your game.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 03:16:41 AM »

Just tried that, but the game still takes too long. It also happened to other maps.

Redneck Gaming

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 07:37:45 AM »
This same thing happened to me when i installed the Detroit Map this might not be the best answer in the world but i reinstalled my Omsi because none of my maps loaded either

Miller

• Yelp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
If that map is causing issues for people, @Dash5515, you should take it down until the author gets it fixed. Otherwise we're gonna get more reports of broken games from people.

Woah dere

Dash5155

• God
  • Administrator
  • I am kinda Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Virtual Transportation Center
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »
If that map is causing issues for people, @Dash5515, you should take it down until the author gets it fixed. Otherwise we're gonna get more reports of broken games from people.

I think that is subjective. It'd be moreso up to the dev himself since I didn't make the map. I will add a warning on the release post saying install at own risk.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 06:06:37 AM »
Does anybody know how to properly install the Downriver Detroit map? Can someone do like a tutorial?

MattBOnboardBus2100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 08:21:25 PM »
Does anybody know how to properly install the Downriver Detroit map? Can someone do like a tutorial?

I ripped this directly from my own readme:
1. Install all downloads mentioned above-don't forget to read the included readme files!
2. Extract all contents into your OMSI 2 folder. If you're prompted to merge folders, select YES. If you're prompted to overwrite files, unless you know what you're overwriting, select NO.
3. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Follow the instructions in the placeholder documents in the models folder in the MichiganTrafficLight12 and DetroitSigns folders in the Sceneryobjects folder. By default, the folders are blank except for the documents and texture files as these are reskinned Chicago objects.
4. Note that this map does not overwrite the previous separate DDOT 19 and SMART 160 maps, but you may want to move them out of the maps folder for simplification.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »

I ripped this directly from my own readme:
1. Install all downloads mentioned above-don't forget to read the included readme files!
2. Extract all contents into your OMSI 2 folder. If you're prompted to merge folders, select YES. If you're prompted to overwrite files, unless you know what you're overwriting, select NO.
3. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Follow the instructions in the placeholder documents in the models folder in the MichiganTrafficLight12 and DetroitSigns folders in the Sceneryobjects folder. By default, the folders are blank except for the documents and texture files as these are reskinned Chicago objects.
4. Note that this map does not overwrite the previous separate DDOT 19 and SMART 160 maps, but you may want to move them out of the maps folder for simplification.
I'm sorry to say this but, I did read these instructions from the readme. Yesterday, I completely reinstalled OMSI after a first attempt, later I tried again and now the same problem happens. Now I'm gonna have to do another complete reinstall. I'm not sure if you'll consider this, but maybe if you did like a video of the installation process that might help, because we can get a visual of the process.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:52:38 PM by ANIME-AND-BUSES »

Redneck Gaming

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »
I had to do a complete reinstall of OMSI when i installed this map and OMSI froze on the scree `Loading Map And New Situation` and i did all of the steps and i couldn't even load up on the Grundorf map, i couldn't load up on any map