General Discussion | October 30, 2017, 05:44:41 PM
Future OMSI Roadeos

MTA3306

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Future OMSI Roadeos
« on: October 30, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
So, the past Roadeo held by Dash5155 held in September seemed to be a popular enough idea, so I thought why not start planning the next one? This thread will serve as the place to share ideas and such of what the next one will hold in store. Here are the following requests so far.

-Use the South Cayuga Depot, and set up cones for the course.

Because this will be like a real roadeo and all, here are some parameters for the next one:

- These and other tri-axle vehicles can appear at the roadeo as show buses for decoration, but due to their size, weight and overall maneuverability will not be allowed in the competition.

- New Flyer D40LF
- Nova LFS 40'
- Nova RTS 40'

This ensures that the winner is declared by the skills of the bus operator, and not the bus itself.

- 40 foot vehicles
- 35 foot vehicles
- 30 foot vehicles*

Again, realism. Many agencies who organize bus roadeos have at minimum the 40' class, and varying among the agency, 35' and 30' /minibus class.

* = Due to the small amount of MiDi buses/minibuses available for OMSI, this class may be removed from the next competition.

Leave any suggestions/questions/comments below. Hope to see you there, as a submission or a visitor!

Last updated October 30th, 2017

Previous roadeo held by: Dash5155
Previous roadeo champion currently held by: kaufmancab51

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:46:57 PM by MTA3306 »

Mta_Donny

• View Profile
Re: Future OMSI Roadeos
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 07:44:21 PM »
So, the past Roadeo held by Dash5155 held in September seemed to be a popular enough idea, so I thought why not start planning the next one? This thread will serve as the place to share ideas and such of what the next one will hold in store. Here are the following requests so far.

-Use the South Cayuga Depot, and set up cones for the course.

Because this will be like a real roadeo and all, here are some parameters for the next one:

- These and other tri-axle vehicles can appear at the roadeo as show buses for decoration, but due to their size, weight and overall maneuverability will not be allowed in the competition.

- New Flyer D40LF
- Nova LFS 40'
- Nova RTS 40'

This ensures that the winner is declared by the skills of the bus operator, and not the bus itself.

- 40 foot vehicles
- 35 foot vehicles
- 30 foot vehicles*

Again, realism. Many agencies who organize bus roadeos have at minimum the 40' class, and varying among the agency, 35' and 30' /minibus class.

* = Due to the small amount of MiDi buses/minibuses available for OMSI, this class may be removed from the next competition.

Leave any suggestions/questions/comments below. Hope to see you there, as a submission or a visitor!

Last updated October 30th, 2017

Previous roadeo held by: Dash5155
Previous roadeo champion currently held by: kaufmancab51

I am soo down with this! Dumb question. Where would we get the cones?

M79HD

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 07:47:33 PM »
Lol i was gonna ask the same thing and hopefully i can be in this one the last one i didnt know about until last minute

MTA3306

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »
Lol i was gonna ask the same thing and hopefully i can be in this one the last one i didnt know about until last minute

That's why it's being planned now.

I am soo down with this! Dumb question. Where would we get the cones?

The course would be set up by judges, and the modified map files along with objects would be provided to contestants.

Mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:03 AM »
What about C40LF's?

camakashrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:08:48 AM »
I'm Down
Cameron Leonard

MTA3306

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 04:22:03 PM »
What about C40LF's?

For nomination of a new vehicle, you will need at least 3 other people who will cosign and/or operate this bus in the roadeo.

I'm Down

See you then!  :)

CTA_FlxibleFan

• View Profile
    • Youtube:nascarfan20105
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 05:14:13 PM »
Well Hopefully we see some Flxible Metro's in there. I'd be happy to drive and cosign that into the rodeo.

marini

• View Profile
    • Facts
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »
Nice movie, I like this game

MTA3306

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 04:49:58 PM »
So, a general consensus of where things are at for the next Roadeo:

-Utilize South Cayuga Depot (There have been no other suggestions/preferences, so this is likely to be the course)

-Employ the use of New Flyer C40LFs
-Employ the use of Flxible Metro (any generation of 40ft)

Nomination for a vehicle can be done any number of ways. SVAs (Supported Vehicle Authorization, an overly wordy version of saying you approve/want this bus to be in use) can be submitted via PM or eMail. Any other forms will be disregarded.

Proposed Date: February 2017