Poll

Who has all the dependencies for this map vs. others who don't?

Metro Detroit Map

• 84 replies
Metro Detroit Map
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »

We've all played Chicago at least once, but over time some of us may grow bored of driving there, but we still want a real-world American map, right? Well, not too far to the east, there's a large map to enhance your OMSI 2 experience. Welcome to Metropolitan Motown!
Detroit started out as a humble little rural village back in 1701, but over the next 220 years gradually grew with the advancement of the industrial revolution, starting out in France, then ending up in the United Kingdom, then becoming part of the United States, then back to British hands, then permanently back under American control, ultimately culminating in the conception of the automotive industry, in which Detroit landed a position as the fourth-largest city in the United States. A large, comprehensive, frequent streetcar and later bus network had to be set up to transport thousands of workers to those auto plants. Unfortunately, beginning in the mid-1950's and accelerating after a disastrous riot in 1967, the city entered a hugely notable decline where thousands of structures were left behind to rot while nearby suburbs continued to sprout up from the cornfields that once surrounded the city. Detroit public transit declined with it, to the point that today service is uncoordinated, not synchronized, infrequent and in the case of SMART too far of a distance between routes, leaving about a million Metro Detroiters unserved by fixed-route transit in any form, something that's pathetic and inappropriate for a metropolis the size of Detroit. Since the 1990's, Detroit proper has been undergoing a major transformation that has already produced dozens of outcomes, while strides have just started to be made to make transit in Detroit relevant again.

You'll get a taste of the good parts and the bad parts as you drive across the western, southwestern and southern areas of the Detroit region on nine routes across three agencies. Features include:
  • Largest urban, multi-route English-speaking-world-set map ever made for OMSI (totaling 841 tiles!)
  • Over 75 miles of driveable streets
  • Diverse liveries across each agency
  • Start your day at one of two depots (DDOT Gilbert Terminal or SMART Wayne Terminal)
  • A variety of routes ranging from busy local routes to a park-and-ride route to a bus rapid transit route
  • Multiple AI trains with the downtown People Mover and Amtrak action
  • Unscheduled deadhead trips
  • You may get stopped by a moving bascule bridge which may put you behind schedule
  • Work seven days a week (nine routes weekdays, seven routes Saturdays, six routes Sundays)
  • Diverse scenery: experience a gradual change from downtown skyscrapers to deteriorated inner-city areas to suburban to rural to even a huge international airport
  • Authentic bus stop signage for each agency
  • A total of portions of 19 different cities and one township included within the tile boundaries
  • The sightseeing helpers from the Chicago map are used extensively to understand the various landmarks Metro Detroit offers
Public alpha downloads:
Latest Public Alpha: 0.10 (additional scenery files)

Dependencies are in the readme, of course. Don't read the readme, expect the map to not work at all. Also, please note that the website that houses some of the dependencies for this map is currently offline. Support is available in this thread and in the VTC Discord: https://discord.gg/wvyqZNN

Admin Edit: Install at your own risk. Many users have reported their game has been completely broken by this map and had to completely re-install OMSI from scratch in order to restore it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:54:35 PM by MattBOnboardBus2100 »

Gregtze

• View Profile
Re: Downriver Detroit Map
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 02:31:41 PM »
Hey, guys! This is the only map that there is no work
All instructions I read, I tried many options of startWho can give download your folders: Sceneryobjects - Splines :-X

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »
i tryed to install this many times to i gave up im waiting for the next update he probley forgot to add something to the read me

Munce

• The (Mostly) Friendly Moderator
  • 150 posts reached! Next step - 250 posts!
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 08:53:48 PM »
Hey, guys! This is the only map that there is no work
All instructions I read, I tried many options of startWho can give download your folders: Sceneryobjects - Splines :-X

Can you please explain your question better? I'm having troubles understanding it.

i tryed to install this many times to i gave up im waiting for the next update he probley forgot to add something to the read me

What happens when you try to install it? Does it show up, but when you load it there is nothing but the sky?
Furious typing, many cups of tea, and lots of OMSI.

Nothin' better than that.

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:13:37 AM »
its like the hole map is missing theres no stops theres no bildings and the ground looks gliched out theres like 5 roads *short roads* and if you keep driving on any road within 60 sec your out of road and title theres only one row of trees one depot one office bilding and one train station

Munce

• View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 02:16:29 AM »
You're missing at least one dependency. It should run because from experience, I made the same mistake of not getting all the dependencies but once I got all of them, the map was working as planned.

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 02:18:10 AM »
You're missing at least one dependency. It should run because from experience, I made the same mistake of not getting all the dependencies but once I got all of them, the map was working as planned.

i read all the readme's saying to that im not missing anything thats why i sayed he probley forghot to add something to it

Munce

• View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 02:19:20 AM »
You've got the left-out dependency in this thread, right? http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=26571

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 02:20:40 AM »
You've got the left-out dependency in this thread, right? http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=26571

i have that installed allredy i play that map once every week or so

Munce

• View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 02:22:31 AM »

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 02:28:24 AM »
how do i find the log file after using the maptool

Munce

• View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 02:30:17 AM »
When the Map Tools are done, the program will pop up with a few tabs. Click on missing ..., and list out all of the missing files.

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 02:35:46 AM »
missing objects

Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car3_bar.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car3_pole.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car3L_bar.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car3L_pole.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car4L_bar.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car4L_pole.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car5L_pole.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_car5R_pole.sco
Sceneryobjects\MichiganTrafficLight12\obj_TL_ped_rear.sco
Sceneryobjects\Objects_NH\US_Signs\Enlarged\Speed-50\Sign01.sco
Sceneryobjects\Shell_neu -D- by CMVC\Shell_neu.sco
Sceneryobjects\Viva\sodiumlight_photpump.sco
Sceneryobjects\Viva\strlt_gwg_RSp_1B.sco
Sceneryobjects\Williamsburg\gibbet_beam.sco
Sceneryobjects\Williamsburg\whip_beam.sco
Sceneryobjects\Xcelsior\White\XDE40.sco

missing splines

Splines\Addon_Modulstrassen\Yanniboy\18m 6Spur Schlechter Asphalt.sli
Splines\BS_ADDON_CreativeStreets\Strassenbahn\BS_Strassenbahn_SchienenAsphalt02_MD.sli
Splines\Willshire\str_2spur_11m_Willshire.sli

Munce

• View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 02:39:08 AM »
For the MichiganTrafficLight objects, there are detailed instructions in the readme on how to copy the Chicago lights to get the Traffic Lights.

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 02:40:54 AM »
For the MichiganTrafficLight objects, there are detailed instructions in the readme on how to copy the Chicago lights to get the Traffic Lights.

i didnt see it in the readme anywere inless theres anouther hidden readme somewere